Chapter 14

Aaron

"Keep the blind fold on"

"Are you going Christian Grey on me?" I chocked and blew out a breath awkwardly.

"You wish my dear." I commented sarcastically.

"Yeah I do" She muttered as I stopped at the spot. It was a very special place hidden from most people who live here, it was untamed , my piece of paradise since I found it.

I helped her out of the car slowly, taking her hand and walking in the pitch darkness. The only sound that echoed around us was the scratching of the grass beneath my shoes. I ushered her into the direction, the swooshing of water becoming clearer.

"Are you taking me here to kill me?"

"Haven't we established that I'm not a killer yet?"

"I still think you have a bit of murdered in you and you're just waiting for the best moment to pounce." I had to admit she had some very strange ideas about me, I wouldn't harm a hair on her head.

"Maybe I am but I lo...like you enough to let you live." She laughed as I played along, luckily I dodged the L-word bullet. I had the feeling of love but I didn't want to rush head over heels into this , I didn't want this to fizzle out.

I untied the blindfold , it took her a minute to take in the sight before her.

"Wow" was the first thing she said. In front of us was a natural water fall, in the darkness the moonlight tripled off it.

"Where are we?"

"My special place, I often come here to cleanse my mind." She walked to surf ,she took off her shoes and bare footedly walked into the water.

"This is so good but damn, it's amazing." She smilled, I followed her lead and stepped into the water beside her,taking her into my arms.

"This is my pre-surprise." Kissed her on the crown of her head.

"Pre-surprise?"

"Well, since your birthday is in a week my real surprise is then."

"How did you find out about it?"

" A little birdy named Daniel told me he needed yesterday afternoon off to get a gift for his sister and he eagerly answered when I asked him when that was"

She strutted out of the water and placed her shoes on again looking a bit peeved ,I rushed behind her and grabbed my shoes too.

I caught up to her stopping her, I didn't know what I said wrong.

"I'm sorry darling.Why don't you want me to know about your birthday?" She glared at me.

"I, I don't want to talk about it now, can we please go home." Her mood changed so suddenly ,leaving me confused.

She slid into the passenger side and she stared out of the window for the trip back. When I stopped at her apartment she simply slid out and walked to her apartment, saying nothing an I followed after. Was she pms-ing? I'm not so sure it was that, this just made me realize that I was still clueless when it came to women.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I walked into her room where she just finished dressing her pj's.She turned to me with tear struck eyes.

"I haven't celebrated my birthday with someone since he died."

"Who died?" She broke down completely, with her hands over her face.

"Xa..xavier." she stuttered.