Chapter 13

Alex

I patted down my jeans and turned around in the mirror, I didn't know what to wear for the lunch, Aaron emerged behind me in only his boxers ,he spent the night.

He placed my hair to the side and kissed a trail down my neck, it made me shiver. He whispered against my neck.

"You're so beautiful."

I pushed him away lightly.

"Stop lying."

He pulled me back against his chest, nibbling at my earlobe. He was frisky this morning.

"I wouldn't dare lie to you."

"Stop kissing me then, I have to finish up." He pulled away and slightly pouted.

I shifted from side to side nervously, I wasn't ready for this lunch

"Why do you look so nervous?"

"Our family doesn't have the same normal dynamic,since I'm the only lawyer the conversation is strained, they'd be talking about surgeries and hospital news which means I'm the odd one out. My father would hint how disappointed he is in me and my mother would try and avoid the whole conversation." I let out a deep breath.

"I wish I could go with you." I leaned back against his chest.

"I wish I could take you with but that would be opening up controversial conversation I'm not ready for."

He walked into the bathroom to dress a few minutes later he came out ,dressed and pecked me on the cheek.

"I'll see you tonight then, for your surprise." I smiled.

"You know it's not necessary." He shrugged

"Oh but it is." He waved goodbye at me and walked out, I gathered up some courage and headed to my car ,I tapped the steering wheel as I drove,thinking about what would happen in the future .

I can't keep Aaron and I's relationship a secret forever, between the hospital and us going out someone is bound to notice.

And when my dad finds out...let's just say that shit will hit the fan hard ,not to mention Daniel will freak out too.

He'll be disgusted and he most likely wouldn't want to work with Aaron because yeah he's doing his sister.

I stopped at the house, I grabbed my bag and walked to the door,my nervousness was replaced by dread. Daniel opened the door, he looked me up and down.

"Ready for disaster?"

I hugged him and walked in.

"I'm as ready as I can get,whose idea was this?" he rolled his eyes.

"Whose idea is it usually? Mother dearest." I sighed and set my bag down on the couch. My mother walked in just a moment later,a pink apron around her waist and flour spots apparent.

"Ah Alex you're here." She hugged me tightly, Daniel gave me a look and retreated outside where my father was most likely.

"Come help me with the cheesecake." My mouth started watering at the sound of that, I nodded and followed her to the kitchen. She instructed me to mix what was in the bowl and she was chopping up blueberries.

"So how's it been going?"

"It's been okay, work is good." I stated.

"I heard about Everett's sister, she was my patient for a while but her diagnosis was terminal."