Chapter 6

Aaron

"I'm married" It felt better to let all of it out and tell her but as expected she slammed the phone down. 

I heard crackling and the phone went dead.

I really wanted to be friends with her and get to know her but it seems that we keep secrets and then it blows up in our faces. I didn't know what to do if only I could finish explaining ... I don't think I'd get the chance.

Tonight when I saw her laughing and talking to the other man I felt like I wanted to burst a vein, I was having lunch with my sister because she was back in town this week.

I don't know why but since I saw Alex I just wanted to know more about her and see her smile. It was irrational,  she will never speak to me again after what I just admitted. I thought her brother would mention it but I don't wear my ring anymore and I hate talking about Caroline, she was like a virus that just doesn't go away.Carolinitus.

She hasn't signed the divorce papers yet, if she doesn't sign it in a week's time I'm going to have to file a petition and then I'm a free man, for now, I have to focus on my work, Alex's face was sure to haunt me.

-three months later-

Alex

I was currently working as an associate to one of the partners at a law firm I interviewed at, one of my choosing.

I had the rest of the afternoon off after work today and my brother asked me to come to the hospital because his shift would be done and he wanted to talk to me. I went to my apartment first and changed into something more casual because a bodycon dress is far from casual at a hospital. I stood at my closet looking for something to wear only in a towel, I looked for a jacket. I ran my hand over the different jackets when I saw the black jacket hanging there.

It was Aaron's 

I forgot to give it to Daniel to give back to Aaron, I might as well drop it off today.

I found something to wear eventually after rummaging for a while.

I stepped into the hospital a while later and walked straight to the cafeteria where Daniel said he'd wait for me, he smiled when I sat down beside him with the jacket in my bag.

"Hi there, how's it going?"

" It's going fine, work keeps me busy but I can't complain- so you want to talk to me, I'm guessing you're going to say you miss me." I gave him puppy dog eyes and he started laughing.

"Oh, I don't miss you at all, I like the silence without a whining sister." I rolled my eyes at him, he could've at least not be so blunt. I scoffed, that's typically my brother. He stopped laughing and smiled at me.

"But seriously it is important that I talk to you, I am finally on Dr. Brent's surgery and I am going to celebrate this Friday with drinks with some friends, do you want to come with us, I know you haven't gone out lately."

"How is this important, you could've called or texted me then I didn't have to drive all the way here."

I stood up and Daniel smiled.

"It's important that your social life doesn't incinerate and I wanted to see my baby sister...Is that a crime?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Ah, so you did miss me." I stuck my tongue out at him, he disapprovingly shook his head.

" I sometimes wonder about you, Alex." He joked.

" I'll let you know about Friday and as for you wondering about me and my sanity...you can bite me," I smirked and waved goodbye