Chapter 25

Alex

2 months later

Aaron sat and fed Isaac as I got dressed, things were going very well. Isaac and I moved in with Aaron and out of Everett's loft, he's been working only night shifts , so that when he comes home he's just in time when I leave for work.

Today was the reading of my father's will, some other lawyers had to take care of it so needless to say they took their time , it was still fast but it left us a nervous wreck. We had no idea who would be in charge of the hospital, probably my mother but there was a big chance that it might not be since she's retiring soon.

"Should we go with you?" I shook my head.

"No, it's just for immediate family."

"Oh, that's okay, we have a long day at the park planned buddy" he tickled him which caused Isaac to giggle loudly.

"The park? You do know he's just 5 months old-or is there a soccer mom you're eyeing?" I teased.

"Fresh air does him good –besides that we're busy planning a surprise for mommy, this mommy"

"Surprise?" placed his finger on his lips.

"A secret my dear." I kissed them both goodbye.

When I stopped at the office where the will, will be read I let out a deep breath. I wasn't worried about the will , I was more worried about Daniel because for the last few day I didn't hear from him

I walked in seeing him there, I rushed over to hug him.

We didn't say anything to each other because at that exact time a lawyer came in . I kissed my mother hello before sitting down , the sombre mood weighing us down. We haven't talked much since the memorial, Daniel was missing in action and my mother was going to retire, she mentioned that she now knows life is too short and that she wants to spend more time with Isaac and us both.

The lawyer started droning on and I spaced out for a moment, just staring at the ceiling, because what else is there to do?

I snap back to reality when my mom takes my hand and rest it on her leg.

"I hereby leave my assets such as my properties to my beloved wife Amelia Wright but my shares in William Wright memorial hospital goes to my only son Daniel Wright, thus making him the majority owner until Isaac Wright comes of age which then the shares will be split. For my daughter, Alexandra Wright I leave the sum of my 3.5 Million , and the knowledge that even if I never show it I am proud of the lawyer she is..."

The rest of the speech is a blur to me, that is a helluva lot of money.

After this speech and the lawyer leaving we all just sat there for a moment, our father's death finally sinking in.

I was the first to stand up. Daniel follows.

"The fuck! I'm the owner of the hospital? No way." He looks at me, mortified, I rub his back gently.

"Keep it in the family, remember" I now see his hand for the first time, he had a wedding band on.

I grab his hand, he tries to pull away but can't

"Explain."

My mom now stands up and looks at Daniel disapprovingly, because he cursed and got secretly married.

"Thomas asked me to marry him so we went to Vegas and eloped." He mutters nonchalantly.

"What? Why didn't you tell us" After all we share just about everything and this is a big one.