Chapter 5

Alex

I turned around, I felt a blanket over me. I opened my eyes slowly, when I did I squealed in shock but then clamped my hand over my mouth. This wasn't my apartment or even my parent's house.The walls were beige and had light brown curtains over the windows, I ran my fingers over the material of the couch I was on, it was soft. I stood up and stretched, I remembered faintly what happened and that I was at Aaron' house.

Aaron's house? Oh my god I hate my drunk self so much.

I remembered the kiss too and the way he ran away from me without much explanation. I found my phone in my jean pocket, I turned it on and there was just one message asking me I was okay from my brother. I messaged him back that I was fine, he would've called the cops by now if he thought something happened.

I straightened out my dress and tied my hair up with a hair tie, I was about to make my getaway when Aaron emerged. All he had on was his boxers, my eyes roamed over his well-built physique and his prominent v-line. I snapped my gaze away as he smirked. His smiled dropped as he saw me heading for the door.

"Leaving without a goodbye?" I swallowed hard, iI felt like the person that skips out on someone after a one night stand.

"I...uh..goodbye." I turned around to walk out but of course, he stopped me, he placed his hand on my shoulder, I winced and yelped out in pain from the bruise. He tentively pulled his hand away and narrowed his eyes.

"It's still sore, how bad is the pain?"

"Very bad." He pulled me down to the couch. He stood up and walked to the kitchen and took out a first aid kit. He rolled out a bandage and started wrapping it around my shoulder.

"It's a temporary sling, you need to get it checked out." I nodded slowly.

"About last night..."

"Don't, I don't want to talk about it, just forget it ever happened." I said with a more than fake smile.

His face retorted in slight anger.

"Okay then, I guess this is goodbye then." I nodded, I walked to the door and opened it, I looked back at Aaron who stood up and went to his fridge. He didn't care, at least he was nice enough to let me sleep on his couch yesterday in my drunken state.

I took a cab to my apartment and grabbed some fresh clothes, I took a shower and did light makeup to cover up my hangover state. I got to my parents house just about lunch time, my mother was home strangely enough. I got to the kitchen and saw my mother at the table with files in front of her. She looked up and smiled.

"Ah Alex I haven't seen you around much."I wanted to roll my eyes but restrained myself, it's not my fault that they are never around.

"Yeah, the moving keeps me busy."

"Did you talk to your father yesterday?" I shook my head.

"One of his friends has an opening at his firm...you have an interview tomorrow. What happened to your shoulder?"

"Nothing...I don't need him to get me a job I can find one myself but thanks."I shrugged and turned around.I wanted to work for what I want not get it handed to me, if I go the interview I just know they'll hire me because of my father's influence and not my achievements.

I walked away and got the last of my boxes, today some of my furniture was also coming. I drove to my apartment and started packing the boxes, I threw away my temporary sling. I'm fine. I turned on some music and started dancing while packing away. Most of my furniture came and just before dinner I was unpacked and had everything moved to where I wanted.