Epilogue

Alex

-6 years later-

"Mommy!"  Isaac has grown up so much in these last 6 years, he looked like his father so much but  he had my shade of blonde hair, unfortunately he had the same puppy dog look his daddy uses , I couldn't say no.

"Should I go read to him?" Aaron asked, I shook my head.

"We can do it together, I know you had 2 long surgeries today" He smiled, he placed his arms around me, rubbing my swollen bump, 5 months pregnant now , we wanted to wait after Isaac so now we started trying again and tah dah.

I walked to Isaac's room.

"Hey buddy, story time." He smiled, Aaron picked up the book, getting into his character as Aaronus, after all this time Isaac still preferred his father's book to any other of his stories.

Daniel and Thomas were also still going strong, they were very happy and running the hospital together. My mom loves looking after Isaac every now and then so that Aaron and I could have some alone time. My mom was now especially happy that we were having another baby, she loves being a grandmother but she wanted a lot of grandchildren and now that she's a retired oncologist she tried to keep busy.

Everett and I worked together now, I quit my other job a long time ago and I've helped him at the newspaper since, every now and then he even asks me to write a column on family life.

One of the journalists working there is his wife, Amira, something inside me felt sad the day when he got married, I knew he loved me, more than a friend should but he was right all those years ago when he told me that we needed to be only friends. He deserved someone like her, they never had children since he didn't want any yet and seemed just fine babysitting Isaac rather than have his own.

His newspaper is doing very well, it's become one of the highest selling newspapers around , he's a very busy man now and my geeky friend has become one of the most recognized journalists in town.

After Isaac fell asleep , Aaron and I sneakily left his room.

"You know we never get to the end of the book" I commented, he winked at me and went back into Isaac's room and came out with the book again.

"Well , I think we should tonight." He chuckled and went to the kitchen , he came back with a tub of ice cream and two spoons, also a record tucked underneath his arms.

He then put on my favourite classic record, sat beside me , giving me the spoon with the tub on his lap.

"What's all this?"

"Wait for it..." He knew me too well and for the last few months I've been craving ice cream each night, and tonight wasn't any different. I took the spoon and popped a scoop in my mouth.

"See, I thought that tonight, since I have the night off and I'm not on call that we could finish the book" He pulled me next to him after we finished eating, our legs wrapped together and me resting on his shoulder, I turned so that my belly wouldn't be in the way.

My first pregnancy was rough, this one is going a little better, I still didn't have any nausea like my first one but this time, I had Aaron to help out with my very hormonal stage, that stage where I just want to just him every time I see him.

He rested his one hand on my belly and with the other he held the book open.

"Aaronus had slain the mighty dragon, but the princess was nowhere to be found.

He thought the dragon had gotten her, Thomasias and Knight Daniel ran up to Aaronus.

'Aaronus, you must come quickly, the princess has been hurt' . They ran through the woods to see the princess leaning against a tree. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't speak. He had no idea what to do. He closed his eyes before he looked into her eyes, he knows he loves her, and couldn't let her die.

The kiss of true love is the only thing that could save her now. He kissed her. He hoped it's true love, that dragon Caroline didn't take her heart from her.

With one deep breath,he knew she loved him.

They then got married, the Knight and his trusty stead ruled over the kingdom when the King left, the princess and Aaronus lived happily ever after.

The end"

I turned to Aaron, kissing him slowly, I pulled back and smiled.

"Even if you're not on call tonight, you'll always be on call for me"