~ 14 ~

• Dedicated to chrissybear

It’s been a couple of weeks since we moved back home and my two boys are already got used to the way we lived here. They know how to work the ps3, the telly and even the radio however, they seems to not understand how to use the hot shower. They either turn it too hot or too cold.

Alexis seems to be settling down quite nicely. She and Mikki seem to be getting along too. Mikki always stops by at the house before school or after school. Sometimes even in the weekend but Alexis seems to be acting strange about it. Whenever Mikki stops by, she always had this look, the look that says “I’m watching you”.

The hunters attack seems to lay low for the past few weeks and this scares everyone even the Council. The meeting the night we arrive, I pleaded to everyone not to act like something is wrong or anything about the hunter when Alexis is around. They didn’t understand why at first but after explaining that it has something to do with the warning Ellie gave me before we left.

But a week ago, after we finally settle in. I talk to children about thing they shouldn’t talk about when in a present of a human. Of course they didn’t understand why at first and I still remember how it becomes a big deal especially to Alexis.

“Why?” Alexis ask standing up too quickly that it knocks her chair back.

“Because they don’t understand about us!” I said raising my voice a bit and loosing my patient.

“They wouldn’t understand because we aren’t allowed to talk about it freely!” She slams her hand on the table making the two boys flinch in surprise. “If we just tell them, I’m sure they will understand!”

I let out a groan as I fight my power. She might be my daughter but raising her voice against me isn’t a good idea especially when I am the current queen. A position my parents handed down to me before we left sixteen years ago.

“I understand where you are going about this but you have to understand, there are people there that wants to kill our kinds and any other kind that isn’t human!” I said and I couldn’t stop the power sweeping through my voice as I notice my own daughter looked frighten for a few seconds.

I wanted so much to tell her about the hunters there and then but I knew if I do that, things will change course and I am afraid of the out come.

“They still have the right to know about our kind! That they are not the only ones walking on this planet!” she yelled at me before she took a few steps back as she stares at me in fear.

I knew why, I knew why my own children are backing away from me while Brian stood up in alert and stood between me and the kids, protectively. I can feel the power, the need to teach my own daughter not to disrespect the queen. She knew long time ago what position I held and I knew she knew her mistakes now.

Brian’s mouth was moving but the ringing in my ears made it impossible for me to hear him. There was the nagging feeling in my head and I knew someone is trying to get in touch with me through the mind link but the fury in me wouldn’t let it.

“How dare you raise your voice at me!” I yelled. I watch as Alexis mouths moved but I still couldn’t hear what she said. “You may be my daughter and I expect more from you! You taught you how to control and stay calm at all times and you were doing well until now! Especially now!”

“Cherry, you need to calm down.” I heard Brian said but his words didn’t register in my head. “Cherry!” I’m not sure myself what happen but Brian launches for me knocking me down on the floor. “Are you okay?”

I nod my head and looked around bewildered. “What happen?”

I didn’t found out what happen because that very moment, my children run to me and hugged me tightly while Alexis continues to apologies over and over again. I quickly forgave her and we sat back down on the table.

“I know it’s hard for you to accept that we don’t openly talk about our kind when there are humans but you have to accept the fact that not all human accept who we are.” Brian started and our kids nod their head. “I’ll tell you a story, this is a real story and it happens to a friend of my mother’s side of the family.

“There was a couple before. They are not rogue but the area they were living at that time was very small town. They were werewolves but they were the only one in that town. But there was an accident, the couple was going for their night run when they realise there were humans camping in the forest and they all saw them change into their wolf.

They panic and told the rest of the people in town. After that they were driven away from their hometown when they try to burn their house and try to kill them. The couple were able to get away in time though but not earlier enough to hear the town folks calling them a monster.

They didn’t do anything wrong but they were treated badly. Even in this time we are consider a monster while witches as consider as a joke or a freak by humans. Fairies and elves are just stories to them as well.

It isn’t in the law that we are not allowed to talk about us to them since a few werewolves finds their mate in the human population. But it becomes an unofficial law to us not to tell humans about our kind unless they are our mates or they are a few humans now that accept our kind.” Brian said.

The kids stayed quiet after that but Alexis looked sad while the boys looked hurt. “We are not telling you, that you can’t talk about our kind at all but you just have to be very careful what you said. Some will think you as weird if you announce to them that werewolves, vampires, fairies and elves exist even witches.” I said. “They will brand you as either a freak or treat you as if you are joking.”

“But there will be a time when they will all accept who we are.” Alexis said quietly before she got up, bow her head slightly and headed upstairs.

Even until now, I still don’t know what she meant. Did she mean in the future the humans will accept us a fellow living creature and not a monster or a freak or did she mean the hunters?

The hunters had always been classified as humans. They smell slightly different and much stronger than ordinary humans and share a few characteristic with the rest of our kind but they grow old the same time as humans.

I wanted to ask Alexis what she meant about it but even I’m scared to know the answer myself. If it is about the hunters, I wanted that peace for a long time. I never wanted to fight them because they are still our family. But fate never always let you have what you wanted.

Looking out the window, I saw Alexis talking to that boy again. There was just something about him that bothers me.

~ * ~

I’m sorry if it’s short. I just wanted to update something and this is the only thing I do in my one hour of break of studying! I know I said I’ll be posting on specific days but with my hectic schedule at the moment, that won’t happen at all. My only advice now is to always stay tune.

Leave some comment on what you think! :) PLEASE!! I wanna know what you guys think about this chapter or what will happen!

Nessa xx