~ 29 ~

~ * ~ Brian’s POV ~ * ~

When she gave Mikki to my cousin and order him to strip her, I thought she had gone crazy. As much as I love Cherry with all my heart not only because we are mates but I actually fell for her before I even found out she was my second mate but I’m not ready to be killed by Nathan. I was about to scold her when I notice she’s stripping too.

I frown at what she’s doing, I mean why strip your clothes and strip Mikki’s clothes too? It’s not like Mikki is shivering from cold, in fact she’s calm, too calm. Then it hit me. I knew what she’s planning so I started stripping Mikki. By then the mind-link between all of us were very chaotic. The twins and Tyler keep saying that we gone insane and Nathan is going to kill us all and other dramatic whining. Arvin however, were watching the both us then his eyes gone wild and I guess he too, got what Cherry’s plan as he help me strip Mikki’s clothes.

The two quickly exchange clothes which shut the hell up from the other three as they stare at us dumbfounded. Thankfully, Mikki and Cherry have the same clothes size and Mikki is actually wearing her tracksuit and a hoodie than her normal attire which are skirts and those sleeveless tops.

The only flaw about this plan is, Cherry needs to put the hood up to hide her hair colour since Mikki’s hair is lighter compare to Cherry’s jet black hair. I watch as she ties her hair up. Putting the hood up means she only has a restricted view.

“Now listen carefully. Brian, Arvin and I will distract the hunters. We will run as far away from the car. Brian has to watch my sides and Arvin has to watch my back since I can’t see them because of the hood.” Arvin and I nod our head. “Tyler will carry Mikki since his stamina is much better than you two when running and carrying something or in our case someone but since you two have more better reflex than Tyler, I want you to watch his back and sides as well as his front. You guys have to remember, Tyler maybe good at fighting than you two but he can’t fight with Mikki on his arms. Got it?” They nod their head.

“What about you three? How will you guys get out of this mess?” Tyler ask, his face were full of concern. “When you guys get into the car, start it up and meet us at the gate I pointed out earlier. Don’t stop the car, just open the door and we will jump in but be sure to be there in half an hour. Don’t be late!” Cherry said. “So we’ll do it like old times, huh?” Leo said with a small smile. Cherry smile back at him but there was no time to reminisce the past at this very moment.

Cherry put the hood up and looked at Arvin and then me before we three nod at each other. Soon enough we were out of the passageway and running towards the gate as fast as we can. The hunters took the bait and were running after us. We try to avoid their arrows, bullets and even their physical contact as we dodge here and there as we run.

Arvin and I keeps telling her which way to dodge or where the enemies are. It’s hard to run and look out for someone else when you are also trying to look out for yourself at the same time but with Arvin and I we are able to do it with ease as Cherry helps us by watching our front while we focus on sides and back. This plan seems so easy in my head but actually running and pretending to support Cherry isn’t really as easy as I thought.

From the distance we can see the gate, the only thing we have to do is make it and wait for everyone else. Hopefully they won’t take too long. “I really hope they hurry up because I don’t want to waste any more time fighting.” Cherry said through the mind link while Arvin and I nod in agreement. We all have more important things to worry about than fighting with this group.

When we made were about three metres away to the gate, we were surrounded. Cherry keeps putting her head down as much as she can to hide from the hunter’s view. “You gave us quite a chase there.” A hunter said and I knew he must be the leader as the other hunters made way for him and slightly bowing their head to him. “Give me a good reason, why I shouldn’t kill you right now?” He aims his gun at us along with the other hunters.

Cherry laughs at him, taking the hunters in surprise and confusion especially the leader of them. She put the hood down and smirks at him. “If you do that, you’ll never know where the where-about of the girl you guys kidnap and keeping her alive this long means you need that girl, am I right?”

The leader of the hunters gave Cherry a deadly glare and if looks can kill, she would be dead by now. “WHERE IS SHE?” He yelled at her. Cherry’s smirk got wider and said in a bored tone, “She’s probably long gone by now.” This piss the guy even more and I can tell he was ready to snap.

“HALF OF YOU, DUMBASS! LOOK FOR THE GIRL! SHE CAN’T BE THAT FAR!” The leader yelled and half of the hunters scattered away, some looks annoyed, some were scare and some even confuse. “YOU!” He said pointing to Cherry while his eyes look between Arvin and I.

I knew he was trying to see whose Cherry’s mate is. One of the things we learn hunters do from the other hunters that we capture before. He told us that back in the days, when they want to learn things from people, they target mates to torture. Thinking about it now, that hunter was very helpful to us but he died during a surprise attack to the pack a long time ago.

Cherry knew this, I can tell by the way her face composes into a blank look like she doesn’t care. I did the same but only portrait the same hate Arvin has on his face as he too glares at the hunter’s leader.

“YOU WILL TELL ME WHERE THE GIRL IS OR ELSE!” He threatens. Arvin and I snort at that, amuse. We both know that Cherry is not the type of girl you can threaten easily, in fact she’s the hardest one to crack between all of the Crescent pack members. “Or else what?” She mocks him. “You’ll shoot me? Torture me until I talk or rape me?” She let out a small chuckle and smirks back at him and said in a mocking tone, “I don’t care what you do to me but I will never tell you where I hide her.”

This seems to piss the guys off as he lunged for her but Cherry was quicker than him. She dodge him with ease which what we start doing for a couple minutes before knocking some of them. It seems like when the leader of the hunters lunged for Cherry, the others took that as a signal and attack us, physically.

Cherry’s body tense up during the fight and started to look around while fighting. I watch her from the corner of my eyes while we continue to watch each other’s back. Whatever she was looking, she seems to found it. She quickly grabs my arm and Arvin and pulled us away from the fight.

Still confuse, Arvin and I look at each other sharing the same look on our face but we just followed Cherry. Soon enough, I understood what we were doing. Cherry’s sense were much better than Arvin and I and what she as looking for is a way out and she had found it.

The van soon came into few and Lee opens the door. The hunter’s leader was ordering to shoot the van and stops us for escaping but he was too late as I jump into the van last and shut the door behind me. Tyler, was zooming out of the place with ease and I was thankful enough that we choose the van that have the wheels that more tuck in the car.

Tyler drove and drove for hours. When we all think no one is following us, we sigh out of relief. I watch as Cherry look at Arvin and nod her head to him. Arvin took his phone out and dialled someone’s number, in my guess it’s Nathan.

I crawl next to Cherry who look at me with that smile I fell in love with the first time I saw her. I put my arm around her should before pulling her, so she is sitting on my lap. She rested her head on my shoulder blade while I rested mine on top of hers after kissing her head.