~ 18 ~

“You need to tell your daughter to back down!”

I look over my shoulder and look at Nathan like he lost his mind. “You are joking right?” I ask. Finally getting what I meant, Nathan looks at his daughter and I knew that he is telling his daughter to back down.

“God damn it! She’s not listening!” Nathan said clearly frustrated. “She didn’t even flinch like usual when I use my alpha tone.”

“What?” I ask surprise. Nathan repeat what he just said like as if I didn’t heard him the first time but my attention was all focus on Mikki. Mitch was now standing between a very angry Alexis and Mikki. But something in her eyes seems off.

“What wrong?” Brian asks and I notice Emma stops struggling against Nathan hold. I knew she wanted to protect her daughter as much as I want to protect mine. “I think, Mikki is under a spell.” I said not taking my eyes off her.

Mikki and Alexis are throwing words against each other in anger but looking closely at Mikki eyes, she holds no emotion what-so-ever. It’s like staring at a blank canvas. “Can’t you do anything?” Emma pleaded. I look over my shoulder and shake my head.

“No. I don’t know what kind of spell she’s under and if I try to break it, it might kill your daughter.” I said truthfully. “However, Alexis can but I can assure you, Emma. Mikki will be in soo much pain and if you or anyone else tries to interfere, death is the outcome for her.”

When I looked back at Emma and Nathan, I notice how pale they gone. They look at each other and I knew they are talking in their mind link. It was Nathan who looked back at me and said, “Do it.”

I notice that Alexis was ready to shift and so was Mikki but before anything could happen, I chant a spell that made Mikki’s legs to buckle as she falls to floor. There was no shock in her eyes when she was about to fall or why her legs seem to go numb. But Alexis was surprise at what I have done and so was Mitch but he was able to catch Mikki in time before she hit the floor.

“Alexis, listen.” I said and to stop Alexis glaring at Mikki. “Mikki is under a spell and I need you to break it.” Alexis looks surprise but not her head. Since she was young she’s been training with Ellie but now it’s time use what she learn. I look at Mitch and says, “You need to stand next your parents and whatever you do, do not interrupt!”

Mitch didn’t move, in fact he just looked at me before glaring at Alexis who was slowly approaching Mikki. “Mitch! Come here now!” Nathan ordered. Mitch was about to debate as he opens his mouth but shut it close and flinches when Nathan uses his alpha tone at him to get up and stand next to them.

Alexis sat as near as possible to Mikki but far enough not to get caught by Mikki’s hands, who continue to grab at Alexis. Alexis start by reciting an old incantation; it didn’t do anything at first not until she recites it all over again. Mikki covers her ears and started screaming like she is in pain before she starts breathing heavily like as if she’s been running.

I grab hold of Emma’s arm, which looked at me as I shake my head to say ‘no’. She stood between Mitch and Nathan and watches her daughter in worry. When she stops screaming and only whimpers, I realise her. She opened her eyes and the pain was there and the guilt and shame.

“Where am I?” Mikki said softly as she looks around. “How did I get into my room?” Alexis looked at me in worry and I can clearly tell she isn’t sure if this was supposed to happen. “Was the party over?”

Emma runs to her daughter and pull her into an embrace. Nathan and Mitch walk to them too but they didn’t hug her or couldn’t because Emma wouldn’t let her go. “What can you remember, Mikki?” I ask squatting down to her eye level in front of her.