~ 30 ~

“Tell me you are kidding!” I heard Arvin said, annoyed. Everyone even look at him in curiosity, even Brian who is now driving the van while Tyler rest. He nods his head now and again then he groan, a very frustrated groan that I only heard twice since I join their pack. “We’ll try to get their as soon as we can.” He finally said after hang up but he didn’t tell us what’s wrong, instead he let out quite a lot of swearing before looking at everyone. “We can’t rest. We have to take over driving shift and stops on services to refills and get some food, so rest as much as you can.”

We all look at each other, confuse before looking at Arvin. He sighs but still didn’t say anything which annoys the hell out of me. “Why is he not telling us what’s wrong?” Lee asks through the mind link. “Give him some time. He’ll tell us when he calms down.” Brian said. I can feel the doubt from the twins and even Tyler but I knew Brian is right. Arvin and Brian had spent time together since they were little, not only being cousins but they treat each other as best friend.

True to Brian’s word, Arvin calm down after a nice cup coffee when Brian had filled up the van and the twins bought food for us. “The Council found out what happen and our spy said they are moving. We only have at least three to two weeks to prepare before they come knocking on our territory.” Arvin let out another frustrated sigh before continuing on, “They also told everyone that we decide to team up with the hunters making every other pack that we haven’t contact go against us and I can tell you that’s a lot of packs.”

Tyler and Lee let out a mouthful of swear words and cursing the Council to the dept of hell. It’s amusing to listen but as amusing as it is, we were now in a tight dead line to get home and prepare. I know understand the fury Arvin felt when he talks to Nathan.

“Is that alright with you guys? The setting of whose turn it is to drive?” I ask. They all respond with a ‘yes’ & ‘I’m cool with that’ before the rest sleeps. We decided that every four hours, we will change turns to drive. Lee is the one driving now and in three hours and half, Arvin will be next, then me, then Leo followed by Tyler and Brian before going back to Lee again.

I let out a yawn and cuddle close to Brian before giving Mikki’s sleeping figure one last glance before closing my eyes. When I open my eyes, it was my turn to drive. I pat Arvin’s back and gave him a small smile before I took over. Driving in silence and in the dark felt like a drag. I know no one is following us and I know I can drive much faster than eighty mph but the road we are now have full of speed camera that takes a picture of your vehicle if it went over eighty. It sucks.

I wanted to turn the radio on but even in a quietest volume, everyone will wake up from the sound. I crack the window slightly open to let some fresh air and to calm me down.

The drive took us two and half day even though it took us about four days to get to the Hemmings’ castle. All thanks to speeding and Tyler being impatient and taking the rough road. It is quick to us this road the only problem about it is, it’s in the middle of the forest and the road are all gravel. Imagine how much we hit our heads but in the end we made it in one piece. I can’t say much about the van though.

As soon as we park the van in front of the pack house, five shadows runs towards us. Nathan, Emma, Mitch and Jerome run to Tyler who is holding Mikki on his arms. Amber runs to Leo while I look at Lee and Tyler. They simply smile and said in unison, “I didn’t want her to fight.” They look at each other and said, “Great minds think a like!” Then they burst out laughing. I roll my eyes and went to the house.

This time, Gregg and Gil didn’t greet me. No one did. The house was empty and quiet but it’s obvious that no one had stayed here for a while. I sigh and look at the family photo we took just a couple of weeks ago. I remember when we had this Alexis and Gregg we arguing about what size we should het. Gregg wanted a big on while Alexis wants a wallet size so she could put it on her purse but Gregg thinks it was lame. It was Gil who ends up picking. He wanted one big size about A1 size, three A4 size and three wallet sizes.