~ 19 ~

“Brian hold Alexis down, NOW!” I yelled just as I lunged at Henry. Other werewolves jumped out of the way while Harry’s parents jump off in surprise before looking at me in anger.

“What are you doing to my son?” Harry’s mother demands as she is being held down by her husband. “Richard! Do something! He’s going to hurt our son.” Harry’s father only looked at me then at Harry’s left arm. He glares at the mark just before it vanishes once again before looking down with shame.

“Let him go!” Alexis yelled at the top of her lungs. I look over my shoulder and watch her trash around Brian’s grip. “LET HIM GO NOW!” she let out a loud growl making everyone in the room flinch except Harry and me. Alexis realise her mistake when I return her growl with my own. She froze and looked afraid.

“Why are you not doing anything?” Harry’s mother demands to her husband. “Why are not doing this?” She glares at me but at the same time she is begging for me to let him go.

“I’m sorry but I can’t let your son go.” I said. She looks at her husband with begging eyes. He must have told her what’s going on as she looks at her son in her horror and says, “Why Harry? Why?” I watch Harry’s father take his sobbing wife out of the room.

“Where is Mikki?” I demand. “Why did you take her?” Nathan and Emma were soon in front of us. They both have murderous eyes, glaring straight at Harry who seems to shrink lower. “We trusted you! We welcome you into a pack even if you were different!” Emma hiss.

“He wouldn’t know where Mikki is! Just let him go mum!” Alexis begged. “He wouldn’t know where she is!” By then Alexis wasn’t fighting to get free anymore. She is leaning on Brian as she continues to sob and beg.

“Do you really know him?” I ask her seriously. “Do you know what his kind has done?” I watch her bite her bottom lips and looked at Harry. I can tell she knows something but I don’t think it’s the right one as she look at him slightly confuse. “They are a traitor and a murderer!”

“You got it wrong!” Alexis suddenly yelled. “Harry isn’t a traitor or a murderer! He is one of us!” Alexis continue to beg and this time she tries to prey Brian’s hold off her. “Please mum! Let her go! Harry isn’t a traitor and he wouldn’t know where Mikki is!”

“Nathan, it would be best to dismiss everyone for now.” Arvin says looking at some of the teenagers looking at Harry with pure hatred. They must have put two and two together and figure out who Harry really is.

Nathan looks around the room and using his alpha tone he says, “You are now all dismiss. I want the first group to stay behind and wait for my orders.” Everyone who isn’t part of the first group of guarding the pack house bow their head before leaving the room. The first group post around at the door and windows.

When everyone else left the room, Emma glares at Harry. “Where is my daughter?” She demands through clench teeth. Her hands were shaking badly and everyone can tell she is nearly near shifting. Nathan places a hand on Emma’s shoulder which calms her down a bit.

Alexis continues to trash around and look desperate. “Please mum! Please!” I look at Brian and as much as it pains me, I knew I have to do what I think is right. “Brian, take her away.” Alexis started to trash around even harder and screaming louder.

I open my mouth to order her to stop acting like a little girl but shut it close as one of Nathan’s newest recruit barge in out of breath and looked flushes. “W-we have v-visitors.” He said before taking deep breath. “I’m sorry for disturbing you alpha but Mr and Mrs Taylor is here?”

“What?” Nathan, Emma, Arvin, Brian and me said in unison. Alexis stops struggling by now and there were a sparks of excitement in her eyes but then her eyes landed on me and then Harry before she looked in pain.

“Throw him in the dungeon and sent an order to everyone not to tell anyone else about this.” Nathan ordered. “If words come out about this, they will be kick out of the pack and will never be able to join any pack.” The men and a few women nod their head before dragging Harry away.

Alexis and Harry look at each other before both of them are dragged out of the room. Alexis pull her arm out of Brain’s grip before running into the house. I watch her run and my heart left tight with each step she took.

“They were mates.” I said quietly which made Brian stops walking. I look over my shoulder as soon as I realise he stops walking. “She’ll hate me forever now.” I sob escapes my mouth and soon I’m in Brian’s embrace. “What am I going to do? Why did the goddess gave him as her mate? Why?” I cried while Brian didn’t say anything but hold me tight.

I don’t know how long we stayed like this but when I was able to compose myself, it was nearly midnight. Brian never let go of my hand, not even when we went to sleep but all I can think of was.

Why?

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Hello readers!

I’m so sorry it’s short! I didn’t know what else to put in it. My mind is kind of distracted at the moment. You see, I’m waiting for a letter from my college. It’s my certificate that I done the first level of my course and what I got. I’m pretty nervous and I wanted it to be or hope it’s a distinction (I don’t know what that stands for in the USA or other country but it’s a high grade here in the UK).

Anyway, I hope you like it! :]

Nessa xx