~ 17 ~

“That’s none of your business!” Alexis yell at me with fury. “I can hang out with whoever I want and I don’t need your permission!”

I heard a door open and I knew it was the door to the living room however that didn’t stop me. “That boy is a bad influence for you! You a young lady and do you think sneaking around in the middle of the night a good thing? Not to mention you been skiving class and failing so tell me why shouldn’t I banned you for hanging out with that boy?”

At the corner of my eyes I saw his parents but I didn’t care. I wanted the best for my daughter and their son was a bad influence. “How do you even know that it was Harry that I hang out with? It could have been anybody in school!”

“Your teacher had told me that they caught you two running off to the forest and do think I’m stupid not to realise who’s been in the house with me knowing?” I yelled back my anger flaring up. “You never acted like this not until you started hanging out with Harry!” I heard someone gasp but like I said before I didn’t care. “If you continue acting like this, you will fail in school and your sneaking around in the middle of the night will get you killed!”

I knew there and then that she have nothing to say to save her and Harry. But I never knew she will go this low. “You are a control freak!” She yelled at me but we both knew that wasn’t true because I let her do whatever she want or the boys. “You are just jealous of me because I had a normal teenage life unlike you who was fat and ugly back then everyone hated you!”

She gasps and I knew she wanted to apologize but a hand on her cheek made her gasps once again. Brian was now standing in front of me with fury while Alexis look at him in shock before looking at me with guilt. She opens her mouth but close it before running out of the pack house.

Brian was now shaking and for once I was happy that Alexis is a werewolf or else, that slap will break her neck. I place a hand on Brian shoulder which calm him down and said, “I’ll go look for her.”

“Let her be! She needs to learn some lesson.” Brian spit the words out like its some kind of venom but I can see the guilt in his eyes. “I don’t even know how she knew all of those things. No one knew but us.” He said quietly.

She dreamt about it.” I said through the mind link. Brian nod his head before letting my arm go so I can look for Alexis. “Call me if she comes back here or the house.” I said knowing full well she won’t be at the house because no one walks passed the charm I put on around the house.

I looked everywhere and even out the pack territory but I couldn’t find Alexis. During my search, I caught her scent but it end at the lake. My daughter was smart; after all I taught her everything she needs to know especially masking her scent. Brain had always teased me for teaching it to her too early and at the very moment; I’m regretting teaching it to her at an early age.

I don’t know if I should be proud or terrified that I can’t find my daughter as I sprint back home. I haven’t heard anything from Brian meaning she hasn’t come home. He did inform me that he called and ask her friends but it seems like she never went to them. However, I didn’t except to hear that Harry was also missing.

Every minute that pass, I fear for her safety.

When I got home, I quickly took a shower before passing in the living room. Every hour that pass, I wish that she’ll walk through that door any minute now but at the same time, I think everything that happen in the kitchen over and over again.

Something didn’t add in. I thought as I continue pacing.

“Honey, you should rest.” I stop pacing and looked at Brian and finally I notice that it’s already dark. I looked at the clock and saw it was three in the morning. Finally realise the time and how long I been pacing, a yawn escape my mouth. I didn’t want to sleep just yet but I knew I was tired. I looked out the window in worry and as if reading my mind Brian continues, “I’ll wait for her, you go rest.”