~ 21 ~

Our dinner was alright as my little boys made everyone on the table laughs. They know before that Alexis is only their half sister but they said in their own words ‘cool with it’. At nine, they up to get ready for bed and prepare their stuff for school tomorrow so they don’t need to run around the next morning like headless chicken.

But as soon as they left, the atmosphere becomes tense. Mum and dad – which they told me to start calling them – seem to be deep thought and even argue before if they should leave or stay. Staying means they need to think of a good excuse why they left in the first place. The Council knows who left more than five years.

Nathan had told me before that he cover up for me. Telling them that staying here was too much and I wish to be as far away from here as possible but when I return so sudden, they told them that I decide not to run away from my problem and face them like how they advice me every time I contact them which was a lie.

However, Alex’s parents aren’t staying here. In fact they’ll be leaving and no one knows about Alexis’ real dad except close friends, family and the one who remember Alex.

Alexis’ is also acting strange. After dinner she excuses herself and told me she needs to do some catch up with some projects. But her body are very tense and a small panic in her eyes. That’s when I remember Harry.

“I need help.” I said quietly after motioning Brian and Alex’s parents to the study. “Alexis’ mate is a hunter.” I announce making Alex’s mum gasps in shock. “Ellie had told me before we left that things happen for a reason. I notice before that he is different but didn’t realise what it was until last night. But I kept a close eye on him before all of this happen and I can tell that he is a good kid but it doesn’t change the fact that he is a hunter.”

“What are you going to do?” Alex’s dad asks with his business tone.

“I’m not sure of it myself but I want to deal with this myself.” I said with a sigh. “Alexis already hate me for putting him in the dungeon, she’ll hate me more if he is executed or tortured. But Alexis still doesn’t know about the mate thing. I-I can’t bring myself to tell her about it.”

“I think it would be best to tell her about the mate thing as soon as possible.” Alex’s mum said. She then looks at her husband before looking at me again. “I’m sorry we can’t help but it would be better if you don’t tell the Council that you have a hunter in the dungeon. Something tells me that things would get messy.” I nod my head. “We better go. We don’t want to bump into the Council.”

“I understand.” I said and show them out of the door. I gave them both a hug and a blessing for safe journey before they left. I sigh and look at Brian who smiles at me lovingly. “I always feel like he is there but I never saw him.” I said as I embrace Brian who embraces me back. “I felt the same thing.” He replies.

“Brian…” I trail off as we make our way to our room. Brian stops walking and look my way. I didn’t say anything at first, I just look at him and he patiently wait for me to say. I knew if I don’t continue he’ll get annoyed at me. I sigh and look at him, letting him see how scared I am. “Who’s side do you think Alexis will side when the war happen?” He didn’t need to give me the answer as he looks at me in pain and sadness.

I knew it from the start. It happens many times before that a mate will follow their mate especially if they are as young as Harry and Alexis. A sob escape my mouth as I try to hold the tears back. Brian pulls me into an embrace and holds me tight. But I feel like someone else is reassuring me that everything will be alright. I know its Alex but not seeing him or hearing his voice, I wasn’t sure.

I had been up since five in the morning. Everyone else is doing their morning training, even Alexis but I didn’t. I talk to Nathan before the morning training and told him that I will be dealing with Harry on my own. He refuses at first but when I told him my plans he knew I wasn’t there to ask permission but to let him know my plan. That is how I end up alone in the dungeon with Harry and two guards standing outside his cage.