~ 04 ~

Charity Getlikeme, Thank you for your support! :)

Hello Readers! Fans!

This is a surprise chapter! Whooooooo!

You see I’m poorly at the very moment ~ achoo! ~ and I can’t go college. Also I’m SUPER bored, so I decide to upload a chapter for you guys! This is supposed to be uploaded on Friday but what the heck!

I hope you enjoy it and please don’t kill me for the ending! Hahaha :P

Vote & Comment if you like!

Nessa xx

~ * ~

I walk outside the healer’s garden with Gregg in my arms. Through the trees you can see the sun slowly rising in the sky giving the sky a touch of orange, pink and purple. The air has a chilling bite but it wasn’t cold for the baby.

The healer had told me that the early sunrise will be good for the baby and ever since then, we always go out at the garden for a morning walk. However, this also means staying at the healer’s place for a while as she has the perfect view and the largest house.

“Good morning, pup!” Mr Lake greeted, Lily’s grandfather. “Up for your morning walk again?”

“Yes, how are you feeling today?” I ask, politely. Ever since he found out I’m a werewolf about two years ago, he had been calling me pup but not as an insult but a nickname. He had treated me like his own daughter, inviting me for dinner at his place and teaching me technique for cooking and planting.

But a year ago, his old body had given up on him and he was sent here at the healer’s place. For what I heard, he asks his children to leave him here and ever since then, this is now his home.

The healer’s place can be describing as the hospital and the nursing home back home but here its sanctuary. I never understand why they thought of it as a sanctuary but now I knew why. This place seems to hold a magic in the air and everything seems more peaceful and relaxing.

There are only ten healers but many apprentice. Back home the healers will be the doctor while the apprentice is the nurse. If they are working, they are called healers or healer’s apprentice but if they are off, they are called by their name.

“Who’s Alexis doing?” Mr Lake asks. “Let me have a better look of that boy?”

I gently gave Gregg to Mr Lake who started chuckling as Gregg made faces at the old elf. “Alexis is doing well but lately, she’s been…” I trail off while Mr Lake looks at me with confusion.

“Is she already being a rebel?”

I chuckle at that. “No, not at all! She’s nothing but an angel but she’s a very special girl.” I looked down unsure if that’s the right word to use but continue, “I have to talk to Ellie first. Maybe she knows what’s going on.”

“Ah! That will be wise.” Mr Lake said as he took a sit at the bench near the pond. “I remember when my son started acting funny and Ellie had told me that his gift is awakening. He was the youngest one to have his gift receive at the young age of course that’s not including the Wilkinson family. Their powers always awaken at a very young age. I think the youngest on was only nine when her gift awakens.”

His words seem to hang in the air and I was about to asks more when a voice stops me for saying anything further.

“Mommy!” Alexis shouts as she run to us. “I have been looking for you and Gregg!” Behind Alexis was Brian who looked at me sheepishly. “Can I please play with Gregg?”