~ 16 ~

Hello!

I’m so sorry for not uploading for a while. I had been helping my friend with her new job (which you can help us too, if you live in the UK) and then, I went on a holiday! :] It’s been sunny here in the UK so we took advantage of it. I promise to try my best to update at least twice or three times a week!

The draft for this story is done! Whoa! And I’m working on a new project (story draft) and will be out either on the early month of July! I hope you read it too! :]

Anyway! Here’s the new chapter! Enjoy!

Nessa xx

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Ever since the start of the school, Alexis had been preoccupied. I notice it before Brian point it out to me and now even the boys notice that something is different about Alexis lately.

She would look around when we go out, like she is looking for someone or like at now, she is staring at a group of friends at the corner while we do our shopping for the party that Nathan and Emma is holding for us. As much as I think that’s unnecessary to hold a party for our return, we manage to convince them to turn it into Alexis’ sixteenth birthday party.

I tag on Alexis’ arm which making her snap back into reality just before she hit the post which getting nearer and nearer to her face. “Are you alright?” I ask with concern. She smile embarrass as she realise the post in front of her before nodding her head. She didn’t look back at the group as she walks into the first dress shop she saw. I took a deep breath and notice the group were human except for one smell that seems to bug me as I try to put a finger on why it smells familiar.

After two hours of dress shopping and an hour shoe shopping, we sat at the food court and pigging out on chips and cheese burgers. I was a girl who doesn’t like shopping and I can tell Alexis is the same, however, living in a valley for fifteen years and eleven months had annoyed Alexis when it comes to the fabric or the style of the dress.

She found dresses that feel nice but it’s too short or showing too much for her liking or nice style but the fabric feels too stiff or itchy for her. Don’t even get started with the shoes.

“Can we go home?” I looked up from my food and to Alexis’ annoyed face. “My feet are killing me and we have a dress and a pair of shoes. What else do we need?”

Accessories came into my mind but thinking about another hour or so picking had set my mood off. “Sure but finish your food first.” I said. Alexis grin at me like a Cheshire cat and quickly stuff her mouth with food but choked and blush. I frown and looked behind me and saw the same group of friends she was staring at hours before but one particular boy smile at her before walking off.

Alexis seems to avoid eye contact with me the rest of the way home and didn’t make any conversation to me. Normally I would appreciate the silent since it comes very often in my life anymore, no thanks to my two noisy boys. But the silent that filled the car was making me think why the smell was so familiar.

When the party came a lot sooner than I expected, the annoying feeling was forgotten not until I saw Alexis dancing with the boy we saw in the mall about a few days ago. She was laughing at whatever the boy said. I looked at him up and down and notice he seems like a decent boy and seems to be human.

But I wasn’t a fool.

That boy was is the meeting two days ago. A meeting for werewolves only but he smells nothing like us, in fact he smells like human. I had ask Nathan about the boy and he inform me that the boy was branded “outcast” by his age and started hanging out with humans instead.