Chapter 38 Off to Paris

(Lucy's POV)

"Lucy, you have a modeling gig next week. And it's actually in Paris." Gus called in.

"Huh? Paris?! That's so far!" I exclaimed.

"I know! The sad thing is, Natsu can't come. He'll be busy doing his own interviews and photoshoots next week."

"But...." I trailed off, then started up the conversation again,"How long am I there for?"

"Two weeks."

"Two weeks?"

"Mirajane said so. So you go ahead and ask her questions."

"Oh. So I'm actually modeling with Mirajane?"

"You are correct."

"Okay, thank you for the news," I hung up.

"Did I hear something about Paris?" Natsu asked, embracing me from behind, kissing the nape of my neck.

"Yeah," I smiled,"I have to go there next week. And I'll be gone for two weeks."

"Two weeks?! But Lucy... My schedule is all filled for next week. I can't go."

I finally faced him,"Natsu, it'll be just two weeks. We can handle not seeing each other until then," I gave him a comforting smile,"We can FaceTime whenever you can."

"Okay," Natsu nodded, still not happy over the fact that I'm going to the City Of Love without him,"But you'll make it up to me when you get home, right?"

I snickered,"Of course."

•••••••Next Week

Packed suitcase, check. Phone fully charged, check.

"Let me," Natsu picked up my suitcase, bringing it to the trunk of the limo.

"Thank you," I smiled, placing on my jacket,"You're coming with me to the airport, right?"

"Of course," Natsu scoffed.

"Well then," I stepped into the limo, taking a seat,"Come on, rest your head on my lap, like you always do."

Natsu did so, and I was smiling so hard.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Natsu smirked.

"Well I won't be seeing you for two weeks," I paused,"I'll miss you." I cupped his cheek.

"I'll miss you too," Natsu's hand cupped my cheek as well, bringing my head closer to his, our lips connecting.

As we pulled away, the limo started to drive off, Natsu instantly became nauseous.

~~~~~~

Once we arrived at the exclusive airport, Natsu immediately ran outside to get fresh air.

I calmly stepped out, rubbing his back,"You okay?"

"Yeah," Natsu huffed,"Let me go get your suitcase."

I opened the trunk for Natsu, and he went ahead and took it out with one arm.

"Thank you," I pulled up the handle from the case, and poked Natsu's bicep,"Muscle man."

Natsu chuckled, and flexed,"You love them so much."

"Mhm," I giggled,"Come on," we walked into the airport.

"Ah, Ms. Heartfilia," an escort, who looked middle-aged, took my luggage,"Let me show you to your gate."

I nodded, following him, Natsu trailing behind.

~~~~~

I noticed Mirajane before we even got there.
"Mirajane-san!!!" I yelled, waving. She turned and noticed me, waving back.