Chapter 40 Magnolia Movie Awards

This chapter is freaking 4800+ words um you're welcome

(Natsu's POV)

It's already been a week of intense jobs, and I'm so done with everything. I mean, it's so stressful!

But I got to Skype Lucy every time I got home, which made my day better.

Anyways, today I actually had an unexpected day off. So- I had to plan my proposal.

I entered the gate of the Heartfilia household; ready to meet Jude again. I fixed my polo's collar before lightly knocking on the door.
It then slowly creaked open, finding the tall Jude Heartfilia standing in front of me. He smiled,"Natsu? What brings you here?"

"There's something I want to ask you... Jude," I twiddled my thumbs. Jude raised his blonde brows.

"Well, first off, come inside! It's been so lonely without my daughter hardly visiting anymore," he escorted me inside, and I took a seat in their quant living room. "Would you like some tea?"

"That'll be great," I nodded, and he went into the kitchen. I then examined the house.

It was filled with dark-wood furniture and light brown walls. The flooring was also dark wood, and there were pictures hanging everywhere. It was pictures of Lucy, and his wife, Layla. And I could tell this house was made for one person.

I never been in this house before, and I only talked to Jude once.

"So, Natsu," I heard Jude's voice from the kitchen, then I decided it was better to sit on the kitchen island instead of the living room. "Tell me something about yourself. Something that you never told me at that party."

"Well," I paused, thinking of something,"I actually love boxing."

"Oh? Like watching it or..."

"Doing it, I mean. Yeah, I used to practice back then, but acting became my priority."

"I see. But that means you're good at punching."

"Yup."

"Great. So when my daughter is in danger or something, you'll protect her?"

"Of course," I flexed,"I remember I saved her from some creep. Knocked him out cold."

"Really?" Jude raised a brow, impressed,"Well I guess you are the right one for my daughter," he laughed.

"I guess I am," I smiled,"But I really love your daughter, Jude."

"I can tell," he handed me a cup of tea, and sat down across from me,"Now it's my turn to talk. Ever since Lucy was born, my whole life changed. She made me feel like my life was complete, since Layla was by my side the whole time... Layla.... Man, Layla and I were so romantic. We both had that fire in our eyes, and I see that in you, Natsu, whenever Lucy talks to you," he took a break to sip his tea,"The point is, you're the one, Natsu. The one for my daughter. I also see how she looks at you. I know she loves you with all her heart. Which is why, I accept you."

I smiled, my heart started to feel warm inside. "Which brings me to why I came..." I paused, sipping my tea,"Since it's that time for me to settle down, I came to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage." The room fell silent, and Jude bursted into light chuckles.

"You probably don't even remember what I said at that party," he smiled,"Of course! I give you my blessing, Natsu," he lightly patted me on the shoulder. I smiled back.

"Thank you so much."

~~~~~~~~~

(Lucy's POV)