Chapter 9 Say Yes to the Dress

(Lucy's POV)
It's been officially a week since I agreed with Natsu's contract. The wedding is tomorrow, and I have nothing to wear. And no, I'm not one of the bridesmaids, if you're wondering.

"Natsu....I really don't want you to spend money on me..." I protested. Natsu and I were standing outside a boutique that sold most of the finest and expensive dresses.

"Of course I'm sure! I never let you packed anything before we came here. That was very rude of me, wasn't it?"

I nodded,"But...I don't want to sound like a gold digger or something..." I avoided eye contact.

"I know you'll never be one, but consider this as a gift. A gift for being with me these past few days." Well...a gift is a gift...

"Okay, but I'll return it after the wedding."

Natsu opened the door for me, and we entered. Woah, there were a few people buying dresses already, well it is wedding season.

"You see that Lucy? It says, no refunds," Natsu smiled as he pointed at the tags. Why are dresses these days not refundable? That's really unfair in my opinion.

"You win this time," I shot a glare, and an employee came to greet us.

"Can I help you today?" A kind-looking man smiled as he stood up straight.

"No thank you, we'll help ourselves today," Natsu smiled back as he leaded me deeper into the store.

"I don't know where to start, to be honest," I gazed at all the colorful, beautiful, long and short dresses. It's like picking what food to eat first!

"Let me help you then," Natsu took my hand and went through an isle, picking out dresses from the racks. My eyes widened at how many dresses he choose.

"Woah, that'll take all day to try on!"

"Then there isn't time to waste!" Natsu pushed me into the dressing room along with all the dresses. Pushy...

(Natsu's POV)
I sat down on a chair near the changing stall, while there were a bunch of mirrors in front of me. I stared at myself through all the mirrors, still smoking hot.

"There's so much ruffles here!" Lucy complained inside the changing stall.

"If you take too long I'll come in there!" I smirked.

"N-No thank you!" Lucy replied louder. I laughed a little, relaxing on the comfy chair.
The door to the changing stall opened, along with my beautiful Lucy, dressed in one of the finest red dresses. It was like a ball gown, the strapless top had a rose on her right breast, whilst a red ribbon wrapped around her waist, with all the ruffles draping down that ribbon. My eyes widened, staring at her head to toe.

"This makes me look better than the bride..." Lucy commented as she looked at herself in the mirrors, giving a few twirls.

"Obviously better," I smiled a little,"But you should try on the other ones."

"O-okay," Lucy blushed as she went inside the changing stall.

"Can you try on the big white one next?" I said as I covered my mouth with my hand, hiding my big smirk and my red cheeks. She looked like a princess in that dress. Maybe even an angel... But damn, she's go gorgeous.

"Yeah...but why did you pick this one? I look more like a bride than a guest." I heard Lucy placing it on.

"I just wanted to see what it would look like on you."

"..Oh.... Do I put on the veil too?"

"Yeah."

"Why won't you try on a tux too? Just to make it even." I can hear Lucy's excitement in her voice. She wants to check me out in a nice tux. Heh...