Chapter 23 Do Over

I was inspired to do the whole separation by listening to Meet Me Halfway by the Black Eyed Peas. I seriously missed listening to them js.

(Natsu's POV)

Everyone started taking out their stuff out of the private jet. I was queasy, because of my motion sickness. I shook my head, feeling better since the jet landed. I then took out my luggage and waited for everyone to get outside.
-

I was finally in sight with the blue sky. The breeze hit my skin. I walked further and further towards the building, and to my surprise, I saw blonde hair belonging to someone I wouldn't forget, even if it's behind so many people.

Lucy.

Why is she here? Does she need to talk to my director? She can't possibly be there for me.
I stopped walking, and the people who rode in my private jet passed by Lucy, making it easier for me to see her figure clearly standing there.
I had to face her. I've been wanting this for days.

Now nobody was outside, and I walked towards her.

No...I can't. I can't do this.

My heart is pounding like crazy. I walked just past her.

"Wait," she said, and grabbed my wrist. I turned around and faced her. "I know you don't want to see me right now..." Lucy looked at her feet,"But I wanted to see you. I just wanted to talk to you."

"Lucy...." I mumbled, trying to find words to say. But she beat me to it.

"Natsu," she looked at me, her eyes watery,"Did you know how much you hurt me when you left? I was so lonely.... You don't even understand!" she was crying, wiping her tears left and right. Seeing her like this, I can't stand her being hurt like that...

"I do understand...." I took her hand,"Someone told me,'If you love something, let it go. If they don't come back, they were never yours from the first place.' I did. I waited and waited. You never came back. I was so devastated. Until that day, at the premiere, when you told me that you were leaving me.... You broke my heart. It felt like a million bullets went through it. But the only thing that was amazing about this heart," I paused, making her hand go over my beating heart,"Was that it fell for you."

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.." she sniffled, not paying attention to my last sentence,"I wanted to show you how it felt. I'm such a bad person..."

"You're not," I embraced her, and she kept sniffling over my shoulder,"Don't cry anymore. It hurts me even more to see you cry."

"You make me go through so many emotions."
"Are we okay now?" We pulled away.

"Yeah. But let's start over." We smiled at each other. This is a new start. No contract. No forced romance. Just me and Lucy, starting off as friends.

I apologize for the short chapter. But I bet yall are disappointed cause they're starting off as friends rather as boyfriend and girlfriend. 😂 oops.
But hey, this'll make the story longer.

Will their friendship be as amazing as their old romantic relationship? Find out in the next chapter of MBFW!