Chapter 18 Going Separate Ways

(Natsu's POV)
If you love something, let it go. If they don't come back, they were never yours to begin with.

I kept thinking and thinking about what Gray said. What am I supposed to do? Do I just straight up let her go? Ugh! Love is so confusing!

I looked over at Lucy, she was so happy around the girls. "Gray," I said. "Thanks for the advice. I now know what to do."
~~~~~~~~

I really don't want to do this. I don't want to leave Lucy. I don't...but if this is just to test if she loves me, then so be it.

Lucy and I went back to her house at night. She probably noticed how quiet I was.

Once we were sitting on her bed in the dark, she finally spoke up. "Is something on your mind?" she asked.

I didn't answer her question, I only replied with,"Lucy, can I see your right hand?" She did so, and I felt the fine metal of the fake ring. "My Uncle's wedding is over, so there's no need for this." I slipped it off her finger. I couldn't tell her facial expression, it was pitch black in here. "Sorry Lucy, it was probably a bother for you. I mean, I don't want your father or your relatives bothering you with all these questions."

"They didn't, though." Lucy's voice was so low.

"I see." She pulled her hand away after I took the fake wedding ring. I took off mine, too and placed it in my pocket.

"What does this mean? That our relationship is completely wiped out?"

"No! I just hated giving you the fake wife title. You don't deserve being fake," I assured her,"Let's just say this is a do over."

"Oooh, I see now. Well then, goodnight."

"Good night."
~~~~~~

I woke up before Lucy. How should I do this!? Um...um...do I just leave..? Should I leave a note? Yeah! So I ripped a piece of blank paper out of Lucy's journal and a pen.

'Sorry Lucy, I have to go over lines with the others at the studio. I might not talk to you for a while, considering how busy I get when I shoot a movie. See you soon. -Natsu.'

My hand was shaky, I don't know why, so my handwriting was kind of messy. I took a small glance at sleeping Lucy. I pouted a little, doing a simple task of leaving is so hard. But I did so, I closed the door to her apartment, and left.
~~~~~~

(Lucy's POV)
I yawned, opening my eyes. I rubbed them to make them adjust faster. "Huh?" I mumbled, finding a piece of paper on the side table. I sat up, and started examining the note,"Such bad handwriting..." I began to read it, and my eyes widened. "'I might not talk to you for a while.' What does that mean? Is this some sort of goodbye note or something?!" I don't understand! He would've told me instead of leaving a note... I gasped again, he wanted to leave me. No wonder he took off the ring last night. I couldn't control my feelings.

Every conversation, every kiss, every sweet flirt, every smile you gave me, you did everything you could with me and you just threw it all away. Why? Are you trying to break me, Natsu? Are you just using me? I snickered as I remembered, he did use me. He did it to impress his family. So everything we've done till now is all nothing to you. I see. It's all clear.
My heart couldn't tell my feelings. My brain told my tear ducts to spill tears after thinking about so much negativity. So much possibilities of why he left me. Because of one stupid little note, I was broken.
~~~~~~

I managed to calm down, and my phone suddenly rang. I picked it up without looking at the number,"Hello?"

"Hey." Erza Scarlet!"

"Erza! How did you get my number?" My frown turned upside down by just hearing her voice. But the sadness in my heart that deeply longed Natsu's company stayed there.

"Gus gave it to me. Anyways, we have to go over the lines today. You can get to the studio in ten?"

"Yeah! No problem," I started preparing clothes to wear.

"See you there!" Erza hung up.
~~~~~~

(Natsu's POV)
"Woah woah woah, Natsu!" Gus saw me walking inside the studios.

"What?" I raised a brow,"I'm here to read some lines."

"You look really stressed bro," Gus landed a hand on my shoulder,"Lucy?" I nodded. Gus sighed,"Did you do something stupid, like get in a fight?"

"Well," I looked at my shoes. I then told him everything. From Gray's advice till now.
"I would've said the same thing. But it was your choice to do it."

"I know, but I regret it. I want to see my Lucy. I didn't even cuddle with her last night!"

"Buddy, if she comes back, you get to cuddle her again."

"But what if she doesn't?" I pouted,"I'll be miserable."

"Natsu, she will. I know she will."
~~~~~~~

(3rd person/Normal POV)
Both of our protagonists are now separate right now. But that doesn't mean the progress of their movies will stop! A few days later, Lucy and Erza started to act together on their film,'How to be a Superhero.' Which is actually pretty funny.

"I'm FAAIIRRRRYY WOOOMAAANNN," Erza shouted, posing as a superhero in her spin-off of a catwoman costume.

"Why am I even your sidekick..." Lucy in the background said, dressed as a bunny superhero.

After shooting for one day, Erza noticed the ring was off her finger. She didn't want to ask Lucy, though, so she just shook that thought away.
~~~~~~

For Natsu, however, everyone was questioning it. "Sorry, I don't feel like talking about it," would be his response.

Anyways, the movie shooting was amazing as always. And Happy the cat was back on stage!
"Happy!!" Natsu took little Happy in his arms.

"Natsu!" Happy meowed. Yes, Happy does talk. Surprising, isn't it?

"We have so much to talk about later on," Natsu smiled,"But let's start the movie!"

"Aye, sir!"

Sorry this is so short forgive me T^T