Chapter 12 Movies and Popcorn (REVISED)

The old version of this chapter made me cringe re-reading it so I tweaked it a little.

(Lucy's POV)

I changed into a comfortable outfit, along with a pair of boots. The pilot said we're here In Magnolia, and we just need to land. I smiled as I sat back in my seat, I get to see Mother and Father again after many years.

You see, this whole time, I've been doing little jobs here and there to collect money for Mother's treatment. While I was doing that, I wrote my novel here and there. It's pretty bad, but I'm still a beginner. But I shouldn't get into that novel thing now- I'm going to cure Mother!

Anyways, once we landed, I reached for my suitcase. Gladly enough, the pilot got it before me, and carried it for me as I walked out of the private jet. Carefully. Gus was on his phone as usual, making me realize I haven't talked to him yet about my acting gig. He noticed me walking towards him, and he hung up on his conversation.

"So, about that acting gig..." I started,"It's tomorrow, isn't it?"

"You can't make it?" His face read that he really wanted me to go.

I nodded,"It depends if my Mother's treatment goes smoothly or not."

"Oh...Well I hope you can make it. Take your time, though."

"Thanks for understanding," I smiled a little,"See ya later, then." I proceeded to walk to the cab that was waiting for me, where I'll be taken to the hospital immediately.. All I can do is sigh and keep walking.

~~~~~~

Once we were stuck in traffic, my phone started ringing.

Father?" I quickly picked it up. There was no reply. All I could hear was sobbing. "Father...?" I repeated, my voice growing quieter each time. By the non-stop sobbing, I can tell what happened. "I'm coming Father. I'll-"

"No." his voice boomed. My eyes widened.

"You liar. Layla died because you weren't here on time. She's....she's..."

"Father...." I mumbled. It's okay if he acts like this....

"We don't need the money you earned anymore, Lucy. Use it yourself." With that, he hung up. I removed my phone from my ear, and stared at it. He needs his space.

"Excuse me, can you pull up over there?" I said and pointed to the street that leads to my apartment. The driver nodded, and turned to the street.

~~~~~

I ran inside my apartment building, with my luggage rolling behind me. I shut open the door to my apartment, and fell to my knees.

Mother.

She's gone.

My hands cupped my face, and the next thing I knew...

I screamed, a waterfall of tears flowing out of my tear ducts.

The coldness surrounded me and tickled my skin, I know I haven't been here in days. And I return here with the news.

I can't stop crying.

~~~~~~~~~

After about an hour, I managed to stop.

I went ahead, unpacked, opened my curtains and blinds. Sunlight filled the room, killing the darkness.

I feel lonely all of a sudden...

Has my life always been like this before I met Natsu? I don't know... Gah...I'm talking to myself again.