Chapter 15 Layla's Funeral

(Lucy's POV)
Next day. Mother's funeral. I slipped on a black dress, where the sleeves were laced. I fixated my hair into a bow, using a black-flowered pin to hold it up. I turned, finding Natsu in a black and white suit. "Ready?" he said. I nodded. We locked arms and walked towards the limo that was waiting for us. We didn't even chat that much. He knows how depressed I am about...Mother.
~~~~
The limo stopped at an event place. It looked like a chapel or something, but I know this is where we'll say our goodbyes. Natsu opened the door for me, and we locked arms again, walking towards the chapel.

"Lucy!" My cousin, Michi
(A/N she's actually Michelle's little sister that I made up in my head),
came running to me. She wrapped her arms around me as she dug her face in my chest.

I patted her head,"Hey."

She pulled away, and stared at Natsu,"Are you sure you're the real Natsu Dragneel?"

"Fresh in the flesh," Natsu removed his sunglasses, revealing his signature eyes.

"Hm.....where's your scar then?" Michi raised a brow. Natsu tilted his head at the side, revealing his scar.

Michi gasped,"So you ARE real!" Michi tried to tackle him, but I stopped her.

"Michi, this isn't time for games. Either you're here to pay your respects or you're just about to leave." I think Natsu was surprised at my actions, but I didn't care right now.

"Sorry Lucy..." Michi's shoulders shank,"Let's just get inside. The ceremony was about to start." I nodded, and she went ahead. As I took a step, Natsu placed a hand on my shoulder. I turned, and I couldn't tell what emotion was on his face.

"Lucy..."

"Sorry about that. I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.." I fake-laughed it off, and went inside before him.
~~~~
I covered my mouth as I saw Mother in her coffin. The top part was lifted up, where we can see her face. I walked toward it, staring at Mother, who was dressed in a black dress. My vision started to become blurry as my tears came. I hugged the huge coffin, crying. "I'm sorry Mother. I'm sorry we barely talk. I just wanted you to be okay, I avoided you so I wouldn't cry when I saw you suffering. I'm sorry I didn't get the treatment in time. I'm sorry....I'm sorry for everything...." I whispered, while sobbing uncontrollably, my tears staining the coffin.

"Miss Dragneel...it's time to start the ceremony..." A priest tapped my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," I rose, and wiped my cheeks.

"No, I'm sorry," the priest bowed his head, and I just walked away.

"Lucy, come here," Natsu wrapped his arms around me in an embrace, my ear close to his chest. His grip was tight and warm, like he never wanted to let me go. We just watched the funeral go on, staying like this.

~~~~~
(Michi's POV)
That Lucy! Making me jealous because she married my life-long crush! Those two are so lovey-dovey. She's so lucky! Like, what does Natsu see in her anyways?
~~~~

(Natsu's POV)
Lucy's father, and a few other people started to carry Lucy's mother's coffin out into the cemetery. I couldn't help but stare at Lucy. Watching her mood like this even makes me sad.

"Someone....hold me!!" Lucy's cousin called out, she was targeting me.

"There, there Michi," a random guy comes out of nowhere and hugs her,"It's okay to let it all out." I glared at her, it's like she wants me instead of that guy.

No way, I was made for Lucy.

I wrapped my arm around Lucy's waist as we kept walking.

"Natsu..." Lucy was now closer to me,"Thank you for coming with me."

"Anything for you, my love," I empathized the last two words, making sure Lucy's cousin can hear me. Lucy didn't react loudly as usual, instead, heat rose to her cheeks. I sighed quietly, and looked forward as we stopped walking.

A hole in the ground was already dug out. Layla Heartifila's coffin was getting buried, right here, right now.
~~~~
One by one, everyone said their goodbyes as they left a flower. Lucy went ahead and walked towards the coffin, placing her rose on there.

"You're not suffering anymore, Mother. I'll keep you in my heart," Lucy placed her hand over her heart.

I stood behind her and placed my rose on there too. "Even though we've never met, I give you my condolences. I'll treasure your little copy here."

Lucy smiled a little,"She'll like that."

~After the funeral~

"Lucy, let's not go home just yet."

"Hm? Why..?" Lucy placed her sunglasses, the ones I gave her, to cover her red eyes.

"I want to take you out, aren't you hungry?"

"Now that you mention it, I am," Lucy held her belly.

"Ooh! Can I come?!?!" Michi came running towards us.

"Sorry Michi," I turned to her, smiling,"This is a date for me and my wife. We don't need a young woman to be our third wheel."

Obviously I wanted her gone.

"Okay..." Michi sighed.

"Maybe next time, Michi," Lucy added.
~~~~~~~
I led Lucy to a diner. Well, a classy diner. We sat at the bar, and she ordered vodka, and a cheeseburger. I looked at her, surprised, since when did drink?

"I'll just have a beer," I ordered,"And a tri-tip steak." I was relieved they didn't freak out about me being Natsu Dragneel. I think they noticed the black clothing we were wearing, so...

Lucy just sipped her vodka, the whole awkward silence coming out of our mouths.

"Lucy...I think you should slow down..." I mumbled as I watched her chug down her vodka really fast.

She burped,"Sorry. I'm trying to find something to cure my feelings right now. Vodka barely works..."

"But still, you don't want to get drunk right now."

"I think I do. Refill please!" Lucy exclaimed to the bartender.

Her mom's death is making a great impact on her.... I really don't want her to become an alcoholic or something.

After she went through 5 tall glasses, I grabbed her wrist. "Lucy, stop."

"Hm?" she hiccuped,"Why should I?"

I sighed,"Lucy, we're going home." We were both finished with our food anyways.

"I don't wanna!" she pouted, crossing her arms like a little kid.

"Tch..." I really wanted to see what drunk Lucy was, but I didn't expect her to be like this. I placed money on the counter, and picked up Lucy and slung her over my shoulders,"We're going home."

What adventures will Natsu go through with drunk Lucy? Find out in the next chapter of My Beloved Fake Wife!