Chapter 29 Meet the Heartfilias

(Lucy's POV)

I rose up from my bed, realizing what today is. "No no no no no," I mumbled as I checked the date,"Dammit!" Today is Michi's 14th birthday. I know she'll have a birthday party and make me come with Natsu.

"What's the fuss about?" Natsu rubbed his eyes. Yeah, he was sleeping next to me. Shirtless. But um that's fine. We're just best friends.

"Wait for it...." I replied, and as if on cue, my phone rang. "Yes, Michi?" I placed it on speakerphone.

"You know what today is?" She sounded eager.

"Oh what? Your birthday?" I pretended to act amused.

"Yes!!! And you already know where my house is. So be there at twelve! Oh and bring Natsu with you."

"Mhm. See ya Michi." I hung up before she can say anything. I looked at Natsu, and he groaned.

"Not her again..." Natsu shoved a pillow in his face.

"Yes. Again," I layed back down, on my side, on the bed next to him, and sighed. "She's a pain."

"Uuggghh,"I felt the bed shift, and an arm around me. I think his cheek rested on my back. He was really close to me,"Can't we just spend the day like this? I'm still tired from yesterday."

"Sorry, we can't. But at least I get to drag you with me." I giggled a little.

"You're mean."

"Thanks. Now come on, let me go make you breakfast."

"Yay!" I turned that frown of his upside down with just mentioning food. Hehe.
~~~~~~~~

Once it was near the hour of Michi's birthday party, Natsu and I changed out of our pj's and into some casual clothing. It's just a teen's birthday- I mean, it's just Michi, I don't need to wear anything formal.

"What's our gift?" Natsu asked, placing on his vest.

"The fact that we're attending...?" I shrugged.

"Smart. But she'll throw a fit, won't she?"

"Uh huh. Let me just give her money." I looked through my drawers, and found the million jewels Natsu gave me, plus my own fund. I took 20 jewels from my own fund, and took the stack of million jewels. I faced him, and took his hand, placing the million jewel in his palm.

"What are you..."

"I'm returning it," I merely smiled,"I have no use of it, either."

"But this is your reward," Natsu held it out closer to my eyes.

"I'm declining the reward."

"You have to take it."

"I choose not to."

"Lucy!"

"Yes?"

"Urgg.... We'll talk about this again another time," Natsu pointed at me as he walked backwards, towards the door. And he bumped into the wall.

I laughed,"Idiot."
~~~~~~

"Natsu!!! You're here!!" Michi ran to hug him. Once she pulled away, she looked at me with a smile,"And Lucy!"

"Heya Michi," Natsu fake-smiled. I waved my hand casually.

"Come inside, everyone's already here." Michi took Natsu's hand and my hand as she dragged us inside, with her pink dress draping on the floor.
~~~

As I walked inside, Michi had to go take care of her own stuff as I looked around the house. Man, they really went all out for her. There were pink streamers hanging from the ceiling, hot pink tablecloths on the buffet tables, and even more pink decorations.