❤︎✧23✧❤︎ Where dreams come true

It was Saturday morning. Natasha excitedly ran out of the arrival hall of the John Wayne Orange County Airport, wearing a pair of faded denim overall shorts over a white tee.

It took some persuading on her part for her parents to let her come alone, but she assured them that two of her most trustworthy friends would be waiting at the airport for her and would definitely take good care of her.

With both hands holding the straps of her backpack, she scanned the busy airport for Steve and Bucky.

A throng of people moved away from in front of her and she caught Steve waving at her. With a grin on her face, she rushed towards him into his open arms, colliding with his chest.

"Hey Natasha, it's been a long time."

"I know. I miss all of you so much." Natasha said into Steve's chest, her small frame being dwarfed by Steve's muscular body.

Then she went on to hug Bucky, to which he warmly embraced her.

"Come on, let's not waste any time shall we? The queue for the Disneyland Resort Express is getting long." Steve pointed to the snaking line near the entrance.

On the bus, Natasha just couldn't contain her excitement, she was practically on the edge of her seat, looking out the window at the buildings that passed.

Then the huge brightly-coloured signboard came into view as the bus pulled to a stop outside the entrance to the land where dreams come true.

Steve proceeded to purchase the tickets while Natasha snapped photos of the majestic structures and sculptures that decorated the outside.

"I've got the tickets!" Steve shouted to Natasha and Bucky who were busy taking selfies, and Natasha dashed over to him, ready as ever to begin her journey of exploration.

"Where do we start? Which rides should we try out first?" Natasha was like an overly-excited kid that was bursting with enthusiasm and impatience. Steve and Bucky chuckled at her childlike reaction.

"Let's check out the map to see where we should head to first."

Natasha studied the map and mentally crossed out all the roller coaster attractions.

"We can head to Adventureland to take the Jungle Cruise as well as visit Tarzan's treehouse. How's that sound?" Bucky suggested.

Natasha nodded and appreciated that they had selected the rides appropriate for her.

The trio had a splashing good time on the Jungle Cruise, as hippos and elephants by the river sprayed them with jets of water. They took a few funshots as they passed by the animals.

Then they ascended the creaky wooden steps to Tarzan's treehouse. It was a perfect simulation to the movie and Natasha took photos of the items on display with fondness.

Next, they headed to New Orleans Square and passed by the Haunted Mansion. Since the attraction didn't have a notice to warn those with heart problems not to participate, Natasha felt it would be alright for her to go.

Throughout the haunted mansion walk through, Natasha was sandwiched between Steve and Bucky, occasionally tightening her grip on one of their arms when something unexpected popped out. All in all, it was more of a hilarious experience than a scary one, as the three of them exited the mansion in fits of laughter.

Then they headed to Fantasyland, where most of the attractions were meant for younger children and thus were mild enough for Natasha.

They had a walk through of the magnificent Sleeping Beauty's castle and a ride on King Arthur's Carousel which Natasha enjoyed the most. With a jubilant smile on her face, she hugged on to the pole of the elegant white horse she was seated on and took in her wonderful surroundings as the carousel made its round. Bucky took photos of her from his seat.

Then, they went on the Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride, where Natasha felt relaxed as the wind combed through her red hair. She spread out her arms and enjoyed the freedom of 'soaring'. Steve let Bucky sit with Natasha while he rode alone in the elephant behind them.

They finished their tour of Fantasyland with the 'it's a small world' attraction, where Natasha cooed at the adorable little figurines that sang along to the song.

It was almost 2 when the trio moved on to Mickey's Toontown where they had lunch at the Toontown Dining consisting of hot dogs, pizza, salad, sandwiches and ice cream.

"How did you enjoy the first half of our day, Natasha?" Steve asked in his brotherly voice.

"Best day ever." Was all Natasha said before she dove into her salad and sandwich. Steve and Bucky smiled as they watched her thoroughly enjoying herself, it was all they ever wanted for her - to be happy.

After their stomachs were blissfully sated, they went to have photo opportunities with Mickey and Friends.

They then took the Disneyland Railroad to Tomorrowland and visited the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Their last stop before having dinner was the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, where all three of them had the time of their lives shooting at the aliens.

They had a light dinner of burgers at the Tomorrowland Terrace before heading to catch the Paint The Night Parade.

There were colourful floats adorned with neon lights as the Disney characters danced atop while some skated beside and twirled around to the music. A kaleidoscope of colour.

The atmosphere was magical. It was like Steve had described - a dream come true. Natasha stood on her tippy toes trying to peep through the gaps in the shoulders of the people in front, her eyes sparkling with ecstasy and a bit of disbelief.

"When you wish upon a star, your dream comes true..."

As the melodious tune of the dreamy song wafted by, Natasha closed her eyes for a moment, and wished.

She wished Clint could be here and she could hug him as they watched the parade. His fingers would be combing through her hair ever so soothingly, while she relaxed into the crook of his shoulder.

Even though she had had lots of fun and easily the best day ever, Clint was always on her mind. She remembered him saying in one of the letters that he would love to take her to Disneyland. Now she was here, but he wasn't.

She knew she had turned down Steve's offer to invite Clint, but it was because she couldn't be selfish. He had moved on and had someone else in his life. She couldn't tear them apart and keep him for herself. That wasn't right.

The fireworks exploded into the sky as the parade came to its finale. The glittery dust droppeth like the gentle rain from the inky infinity of the heavens that night.

Her head found comfort in the crook of someone's shoulder as she watched the sparkly outbursts of shimmering colours much like chandeliers, the light reflecting off her pupils.

Bucky's arm snaked around Natasha's back and held her there.

Soon, the parade came to a close and Bucky found Natasha snoozing comfortably in his shoulder.

He looked towards Steve and Steve gestured that they head to the Disneyland Hotel.

Bucky scooped Natasha up bridal style and carried her in his arms, careful not to wake the sleeping beauty.

Luckily for them, it wasn't the holiday period so they could get a room to stay in even without prior booking.

With that, the best day of Natasha's life swiftly came to a close, the curtains drawn, the stage lights dimmed.

🌿⚓️🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸⚓️🌿
Thanks for reading! Do vote and comment! Stay awesome xx