❤︎✧11✧❤︎ Maybe yeah will be our always

Natasha stayed at the hospital for a week. Clint and the rest of her friends visited her every other day.

One of the days when Clint visited her alone, Natasha had a little conversation with him.

"Happy belated birthday, Clint. I'm sorry I couldn't hand you your present and card."

"That's okay. What matters is that you're alright."

Natasha grinned, then sadness crept across her features.

"You know I'm leaving for New Zealand next week right?"

"Yeah..."

"I may not be coming back."

"Yeah...I heard..."

Yeah? Was that all Clint, her best friend, felt? Natasha was a little disappointed. She fiddled with her thumbs in her lap and looked towards the window.

Outside, a withered yellow leaf descended gently from the tree on the other side of the window. It was on its journey to its final resting place.

I may not be coming back. I may not have the chance to come back. Natasha thought.

Clint remained silent and leaned back in his chair, his eyes fixated on his lap. He didn't want Natasha to read his emotions from his eyes, that were clear windows to his soul.

Then Bucky came to visit just when the silence was getting unbearable.

Bucky looked uncomfortable when he first entered, to find both Natasha and Clint refusing to make any eye contact and in the midst of a 'cold war'.

He cleared his throat and both of them looked towards him. He smiled sympathetically and held up a plastic bag containing Natasha's favourite dessert - Shaved ice with mango.

A smile emerged from Natasha's initially poker face. She looked towards Bucky with a sparkle in her eyes, looking like an excited child.

Bucky returned the smile and and headed towards the bed. He pulled the table over Natasha's lap and placed he dessert in front of her. He then folded down the plastic bag and removed the cover to the dessert container, handing Natasha a spoon.

Natasha enthusiastically took the spoon from him and started on her well-longed-for dessert.

As Natasha ate, Bucky sat down on the bed next to her and filled her in on what happened at school that day, including all the lessons and interesting stuff. Natasha listened attentively and chuckled at all the funny things that happened.

Clint watched from the chair and after acknowledging that Natasha was good in Bucky's care, he stood up and left quietly. 

Once outside the ward, Clint mentally slapped himself. Yeah? Was that all he was capable of saying? He had clearly hurt Natasha's feelings. But he didn't know how to express how he felt, in fact, he wasn't even sure what was it he felt.

He bit his lip and hoped he wouldn't be sending Natasha off with her still angry with him. He'd regret it for life if that happened.

Back in the ward, Natasha caught a glimpse of Clint's dirty blond hair from the small window in the door before he moved out of sight.

---------------------------------------------

"We'll miss you, Natasha." Jane said, her tone one mixed with sadness and gladness. She was glad Natasha'll be able to get better, yet sad it meant they would see her less often if not not at all anymore.

"I'll miss all of you too." Natasha said with a sad smile and looked towards everyone, as Maria put an arm around her shoulder.

Natasha had been discharged from the hospital and was spending her last week at school.

Now they were at their usual table during recess.

"Wait guys, why all the long faces? We can visit Natasha in New Zealand anytime right? I'll provide the private jet!" Tony chimed in, trying to lighten the mood and unable to resist any opportunity to flaunt his wealth.

"Have you forgotten that your dad banned you from using any property after you damaged the car the last time?" Pepper added, quirking up an eyebrow at Tony.

Tony was stumped, his mouth hanging wide open at the sudden reminder.

Natasha laughed at his comical expression, allowing Tony to quickly cover up.

"Whatever! I made Natasha happy, see?" Everyone joined in the laughter, except Clint who still seemed bothered by Natasha giving him the cold shoulder.

Natasha noticed, and gestured for him to follow her somewhere. Clint seems stunned at first, but then left the table after her.

He ran after Natasha and caught up with her at the lockers.

Natasha was taking something out from inside her locker.

It was a box, which she handed to him with a tiny smile.

Clint stared at her questioningly as she motioned for him to open the box.

He gingerly lifted the lid and a beautiful wind chime came into view.

Clint looked up from the box at Natasha.

"This was meant to be your birthday present, didn't get to hand it to you earlier." Natasha grinned, clasping her hands together.

"Thanks, heh heh. So you're not angry with me anymore?"

"What do you think?" Natasha smiled cheekily.

"Yeah I guess not."

"Yeah? You do realize that was what made me angry right?"

"Oh I mean...erm..." Clint searched his mind for the right words.

Natasha giggled at his embarrassed look and nearly-red face and decided not to tease him anymore.

"I know what you mean, don't worry." She winked at him and Clint blushed.

"Thanks, Nat. I was afraid you'd be angry with me forever."

"Yeah?" Natasha teased, raising an eyebrow.

"Haha, maybe yeah will be our always."

The two best friends burst out laughing and all unhappiness was left behind.

🌿⚓️🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸⚓️🌿
Thanks for reading! Do vote and comment! Stay awesome xx