❤︎✧15✧❤︎ To Auckland

Two months had passed in the blink of an eye. The much awaited school holidays had arrived.

Clint was particularly excited as he could then fly over to New Zealand to visit Natasha.

He had been day dreaming and secretly smiling to himself at the lunch table when Bruce brought him back to reality.

"Earth calling Clint!"

Clint turned his head towards Bruce and the others.

"Did you hear anything I was sayingggg?" Tony asked, a little annoyed.

"Well, erm was it something about... bananas?"

"We're way past that Barton, I was talking about visiting Natasha."

"We're all going together." Jane added.

Then Tony began talking about flying first class, and all the fine dining choices they offer.

Steve and Bucky were talking about how it was more thrifty to fly in economic class because the ride would only be a few hours and they weren't permanently staying in the plane.

A debate started, originating from Tony's counter argument about how life had to be lived to the fullest at every moment and one shouldn't compromise on comfort and stuff.

"You have money, Stark." Steve added, slightly irritated at how Tony was living in his own perfect world and oblivious to others.

It then dawned on Clint that he couldn't even possibly pay for an air ticket, let alone have a choice on which class to fly by.

He stayed quiet until Pepper noticed.

She kicked Tony under the table and he shut up instantly and followed the direction of her eyes to Clint.

"Righttt... The air ticket's on me, Barton."

Clint snapped up his initially bowed head and his eyes sparkled with gratitude.

"Really? Thanks bro, I'll try my best to pay you after I get my wages."

"He's rich enough, Clint, don't need to pay him." Darcy whispered loudly, obviously meaning for Tony to hear.

Clint chuckled.

Tony smiled, genuinely, glad he had made a friend's day and put his money to good use.

"Didn't know you had it in you, Stark." Steve smirked.

"What, I'm not that conceited and insensitive and mean and..."

Steve raised an eyebrow.

"...all the time." Tony finished, finally realizing his flaws and bit his lip.

"That's okay Son of Stark, we understand and still like you." Thor boomed and everyone erupted into laughter.

---------------------------------------------

"So...where's Natasha staying?" Bruce casually asked Clint while they were loading their bags into the overhead compartments of the passenger plane.

"I only know it's in Auckland. Figured I'd call her when we get there to find out her address and give her a surprise too."

"Sounds great! Man, imagine her reaction to know we're at her front door so quickly."

Clint laughed heartily and settled down at the window seat next to Bruce.

During the flight, Tony was keeping himself busy on his tablet. Steve and Jane were reading books. Pepper, Thor, Bucky, Bruce and Maria were watching movies. Darcy was playing video games and Clint was writing in his diary about how excited he was to be seeing Natasha again. Two months without her was really torture. They all slept at some point or another.

Before anyone knew it, 18 hours had passed and the plane was preparing to land at the Auckland Airport. The ten friends headed to the arrival hall to collect their belongings off the conveyor belt.

After Clint collected his bag, he proceeded to call Natasha.

The first two times he called, she didn't pick up. Finally, the line went through on the third try.

But it wasn't Natasha's voice that greeted him. It was a woman's voice - Mrs Romanoff.

"Hey Mrs Romanoff, is Natasha there? Her friends and I are here to visit. Can we have your address?"

"Oh...you're all here. Erm, but she isn't at home and...won't be in a long while..." A hint of sadness coupled with the numerous hesitations in her voice gave Clint a sudden panic.

"What's wrong? Did something happen to Natasha?"

"Auckland City Hospital. Ward 42. Bed 17." Was all Mrs Romanoff said before she hung up.

Clint slowly removed his phone from his ear. His eyes were distant and cold.

Steve waved a hand in front of Clint's face, snapping Clint back to reality.

"So, have you found out where Natasha's staying?"

Clint's eyes darted to Steve then to the rest who had come over after collecting their belongings.

"Hospital."

🌿⚓️🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸⚓️🌿
Thanks for reading! Do vote and comment! Stay awesome xx

I had to do some research on New Zealand for this chapter as well as flight timings! I'm living in Southeast Asia so I don't want to present the wrong information hehe.

I'll wait for you (Clintasha)✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara