❤︎✧3✧❤︎ Sick in the bay

Natasha's friends walked towards the trio seated at the bleachers.

"Hey guys, that was a great game." Natasha said encouragingly, giving a thumbs up.

"Were you even watching?" Steve quirked an eyebrow and smiled playfully, shifting his gaze which Natasha followed to Bucky.

Bucky saw Steve looking towards him and got the meaning.

"Er... Hi, I'm James Barnes. You can call me Bucky." He extended his hand towards Steve who shook it.

"Yeah, Bucky's our new friend." Darcy added, before standing up and whispering in Clint's ear.

"He was checking Natasha out."

To which, Clint's eyes enlarged a tad before narrowing suspiciously at Bucky.

"But don't worry, he's got my approval." Darcy patted Clint's shoulder.

"Why don't you have recess with us, red cheeks?" Darcy invited, gathering her water bottle and towel.

Bucky looked towards Steve and the rest standing around, as if waiting for approval.

Natasha placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, come eat with us." She said with a smile, and that was all the approval he needed, or anyone else needed. Natasha's friends always respected her decisions and gave in to her, mainly because they knew of her condition and wanted her to be happy.

The group of friends trotted to the canteen.

As usual, Natasha ordered a wholemeal sandwich. The rest indulged in an array of food. From ramen to hamburgers to fried rice. They were surprised when Bucky came back with just a cup of avocado juice.

"Is that all you eat?" Pepper asked curiously.

"Erm... Yeah, I eat a lot for breakfast so normally I'll just have juice for lunch."

Pepper nodded, although she looked unconvinced.

Since Bucky was Natasha and Darcy's friend first, he got to sit between them, while Natasha sat next to Clint, as usual.

While eating, they discussed and planned for their project, the one that Joseph had talked about.

Natasha, Clint, Maria, Steve and Thor were in a group. Tony, Bruce, Jane, Pepper and Darcy were another group. Though on different groups, they still held their discussions together.

"So we have to head down to the local museum, snap photos of a few artifacts and write an essay on their historical significance." Tony summarized the task.

"That sounds simple enough, Steve's a history buff." Thor said, poking at Steve's shoulder. Steve smiled, proud of being bestowed the title.

"Hey, then your team has an advantage." Tony pouted.

"You chose your own group members, Tony, and you only insisted on Bruce." Maria shrugged her shoulders sarcastically.

"I'll help you, on the condition of a new Stark phone!" Steve offered jokingly, and everyone burst out laughing as Tony's hopeful expression turned to despair.

"I might consider that, Rogers. My dad's a billionaire you know."

All the while, Bucky sat quietly, sucking on his avocado juice, besides Natasha and Clint who are always sitting quietly.

"Bucky, do you have a group for the project?" Natasha asked as she realized he seemed left out.

Bucky shook his head.

"Hey, Tony. Let Bucky join your group since you seem to need help. Bucky told us he's into history too." Natasha managed to get Tony's attention.

Well, since Natasha had requested it, Tony gladly allowed Bucky join his group. 

Bucky smiled, and thanked her.

Clint was observing from the corner and noticed the way he looked at Natasha. Darcy was right about him checking her out. He was glad Bucky didn't join his group.

What was he thinking, why would he bother if Bucky was interested in her. Clint confronted his thoughts, and he drifted away from the discussion.

He snapped back to reality when he found Natasha leaning slightly on him. He turned towards her and found her pressing a hand to her temple.

"Nat, are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"I forgot to take my medicine this morning." Natasha replied weakly, her face paler then before.

"I'll take you to the sick bay and the school'll  inform your parents."

With that, he sprung from his seat and held Natasha by her shoulders.

Everyone's attention was suddenly turned to Natasha. They looked equally worried while Bucky's face was a mixture of worry and confusion. Maria and Steve started to get up from their seats.

Before Natasha could get out of her seat, she collapsed, but luckily Clint caught her.

He placed his arms under her knees and behind her back, and scooped her up bridal style. He hurried to the sick bay with Natasha in his arms. Steve and Maria followed closely behind while the rest of her friends remained at the benches, the atmosphere became solemn.

"What happened?" Bucky fumbled with his tongue for the right words before asking.

"Natasha's suffering from chronic heart failure." Pepper replied sadly.

"Oh." Was all Bucky could say before looking down and processing the seriousness of the matter.

---------------------------------------------

"Ms Natasha!" Jerome and Natasha's nanny, Rosa, ran into the sick bay and saw her lying very still on the bed.

"Where's Mr and Mrs Romanoff?" Maria enquired.

"They're busy. They told us to send Ms Natasha to the hospital first while they rush down." Rosa said, her voice quivering with worry.

"We'd better go now." Jerome headed towards the door, holding it open, while Clint once again scooped Natasha up in his arms.

After placing Natasha in the backseat with Rosa, the car sped off towards the hospital.

Clint, Steve and Maria stood at the lobby, eyes tracing the path of the black Mercedes till it was out of sight.

"I hope she'll be okay."

🌿⚓️🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸⚓️🌿
Thanks for reading! Do vote and comment! Stay awesome xx