Look at Me- Part 21

Look at Me- Part 21

"What happened to me Carrie and why are you crying?" asks Mike.

"You were 'tackled' and its nothing," I say.

"Now lets examine you Mike," says the Doctor. "Try and stand up."

"I...I...I can't," says Mike.

"Oh, no let me examine your leg Mr. Fisher," says the Doctor.

"Mike we need to get you to the hospital besides you can't lay on the rink forever," I say.

"Look at me Carrie I am fine," says Mike.

"No, Mike I don't think you are," says the Doc. "We need to get you to the hospital right now if my suspicions are correct."

"And what are your suspicions Doc?" I ask.

"I don't want to speak until I'm certain," states the Doctor.

Trying to push aside the horrible scenarios running through my mind I think back to what Mike said or what Mike says. He always says look at me. It's truly calming and no matter the situation he finds the right moment to say it. It's like he knows when I'm going to hit my peak of fear, stress, etc., and that's one of the things I love about him.

My thoughts are interrupted by "Mike we have an ambulance here for you." Now how bad could this really be and is it bad that the Doctor didn't want to say what was wrong?