Involuntary Parents [18]

She kept her gaze fixated on the polished floor as she walked through the scarcely populated hallway.

What is this feeling? She asked time and time again. The eerie feeling haunted her ever since Sasuke's lips had left hers last night.

She'd stared mutely at him once he had pulled back. Only to catch a glimpse of his heated gaze before passing out. The pink haired girl had awoken the next morning in an empty bed to the sounds of shuffling downstairs.

The two hadn't said a word to each other since then.Sasuke was his usual self, void and emotionless. It was as if nothing happened between them. And it bothered her a lot.

This feeling of uneasiness troubled her and brought foward questions that she had no idea of how to answer. Like why he'd said all those things to her and then kissed her. Did he actually like her?

"Hey Sakura," Ino said as she linked their arms at the elbow.

Sakura smiled at her and they continued walking to their class. She stared at the raven haired boy that walked ahead of her with his right arm trapped in Karin's embrace and bit her lip. Despite the multitude of questions that she was unable to answer, there was one that was painstakingly clear.

With one kiss, she had fallen deeper in love with her husband.

They all had Math first, Sakura sat beside Ino since Sai was absent. She watched as Karin took her seat beside Sasuke and rolled her eyes. Since she was new, she insisted that Sasuke show her around, giving her the perfect excuse to cling to his side.

"Who's the new girl?" Ino whispered before their teacher came.

"Her name is Karin," Sakura replied getting her notebook.

"Why is she so into Sasuke?"

Sakura shrugged, "they're childhood friends."

Ino arched her an eyebrow as she stared at Karin, "I doubt she thinks of his as just a friend."

"That makes two of us," Sakura said. "It's even worse at home—"

Ino gasped, "she's living with you two?"

"Yeah," Sakura sighed just as Asuma sensei walked in.

He glanced around the room and furrowed his eyebrows, "where's Shikamaru?"

"He, ah, had some stuff to take care of," Gaara answered.

"Humph, and Miss Hyūga?"

"She's sick," Kiba answered catching Neji's attention.

"Naruto—"

"He's probably looking after her," Kiba said cutting off Asuma sensei.

Hinata's sick? Sakura asked herself. Well, I hope she gets better soon.

*

"Say ahh," Naruto said holding up a pair of chopsticks with Ramen.

Hinata blushed, "this is so embarrassing," she muttered.

"Heh? What was that?" He asked.

"N-nothing," she said fumbling with her hands in her lap. She was sitting cross legged in bed in a lavender shirt and pajama bottoms since Naruto said she wasn't going anywhere. She had wanted to give him back his jacket, but he said she could keep it for the time being.