Involuntary Parents [33]

"Isn't this Toneri's car?" Hinata asked getting into the passenger's seat.

"Ano...yeah," Naruto smiled scratching the back of his head. Hinata giggled and they both sat in the car in silence. "So where to now?" He asked breaking the silence.

Hinata shrugged, "all your stuff are at my grandfather's house and I don't think we're on speaking terms."

"Why is your family so strict?" Naruto grimaced.

She shrugged once more, "they just are."

He gave her a sympathetic look, "I don't think I'll be strict parent."

Hinata pursed her lips and looked out the window, "just overprotective."

Naruto scoffed, "yeah, but that depends."

"On?" She asked glancing at him.

Naruto smirked and brushed a stray strain of her hair behind her ear. "If she's as pretty as her Okaasan," Hinata blushed crimson.

"W-we should get going," she said fumbling with her seatbelt.

Naruto chuckled and turned the key in ignition. Hinata pressed her palms to her heated cheeks and looked through the window. The sky had taken on darker shades; it was almost black now. Stars shun brighter then they had in days to the Hyūga. She smiled and took a deep breath, she could finally be happy.

They passed busy streets, buildings, greenery...or rather, they passed them. The couple seemed to be in a world of their own, the car holding just them two. Where they would occasionally exchange glances complimented by coy smiles. A simple touch of the hands time and time again. For finally they were as they longed to be, free to love each other however they pleased.

Hinata was surprised when the car came to a sudden stop. She looked around the dark place and furrowed her eyebrows. "W-where are we?"

Naruto got out of the car and jogged around to her side to open the car door for her. The Hyūga quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and took his waiting hand. The blonde helped her out of the car, she shivered from the cold night breeze.

He pulled her closer at the sight of her shivering. "Well I did ask you to marry me."

"And I said yes," she said looking up at him.

"Well..." He turned her around to face what was across the street from them. Naruto watched as Hinata's eyes widened and her mouth formed an 'O'.

"Now?" She asked.

"Right now dattebayo," he said pulling her across the street. Hinata was about to protest, but decided against it. All her life she'd lived trying to please everyone else. Her family, friends...now it was time to do something that would make her happy. A smile graced her lips as she tightened her hold on Naruto's hand. Taking a deep breath, she entered the Church with him.

*

"Great job you two," Sakura said giving both Deidara and Sasori thumps up as they left the hospital.

Sasori glared at the pink haired girl as Deidara glared at him. "I'm going home," the blonde grumbled.

"Yeah me too," Sasori replied. Gaara got into the passenger's seat and Shijima in the back.

Sakura giggled as she waved to her red haired friend. Once they all had left she turned to Sasuke. "Ready to go?"

He shrugged and opened the door to the passenger's seat. She graciously got in and he closed the door. Soon they were on their way home.

"So how do you like Sasori?" She asked breaking the silence. He didn't reply, she furrowed her brows and looked at him. "Earth to Sasuke." He spared her a glance.