Involuntary Parents [19]

"Shikamaru, what happened? Why are you here?" Sakura asked as the dark haired boy released her.

"Shit," Gaara muttered. "Sasori this is all your fault."

"I didn't know she knew him," he retorted.

"They kidnapped me," he said.

Sakura narrowed her eyes at Sasori, "is this true?"

"No," Sasori replied.

"Yes," said Gaara.

"My cue to leave," Deidara muttered on his way to the kitchen.

"Well it wasn't my plan," Sasori said trying to defend himself.

Sakura recalled the conversation Sasori had the night he'd gotten her car back for her.

"Why did you kidnap him?"

"He didn't have time for my sister," Gaara said. "So I made time."

"How troublesome," Shikamaru muttered leaning against the wall.

"So let me get this straight," Sakura said with her hands in her hips. "You helped Gaara kidnap Shikamaru and you both held him hostage here so he would spend time with his wife?"

"Basically," Sasori said.

"So why couldn't you just ask him to spend time with her?!" She exclaimed.

"That's what I said!" Yelled Deidara from the kitchen.

"I can't say it's been all in vain," Shikamaru said closing his eyes. "Though Temari is troublesome, she's kinda hot."

"Eww, that's my sister you're talking about," Kankurō said as he entered.

Sasori chuckled and Gaara glared at Shikamaru. "Why are you so calm about this?! They kidnapped you!"

Shikamaru sighed, "this is such a drag."

"Calm down sakura," Sasori said placing a hand on her shoulder. "We didn't hurt him."

"Only my pride," the spiky haired boy replied.

"Everyone has been asking about your whereabouts."

"Since you know now, there's no reason to keep him here. Right Gaara?" Sasori asked looking at the red head.

"..."

"I'll go home,...but I'm taking Temari with me," Shikamaru said.

"Whatever, it's her choice," said Gaara as he walked away.

"Yeah, but if you hurt her. I'll personally take care of you," Kankurō said.

Shikamaru deadpanned, "don't you mean Gaara will take care of me?"

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's okay Kankurō, this way," said Deidara as he pulled him into the kitchen with him.

"You two really need to get a girlfriend," Sasori said.

"Right back at you puppet man!" Deidara yelled.

Sasori frowned and was about to answer, but Sakura cut him off. "Uh, Sasori."

"Right," he sighed and sat. He patted the spot beside him and the pink haired girl sat. "What did you want to talk about?"

*

Naruto was startled by the sudden knock on the door. Hinata was sound asleep and he didn't want to wake her.

He quickly got up from his seat in the kitchen and went to answer the door. Who could it be?