Involuntary Parents [10]

It was bright. Hinata slowly stirred in her half conscious state as rays of sunlight from the window streamed in.

It was soft, she thought as she rolled over. Pulling the blankets over her face, she inhaled the intoxicating scent. It smells like him.

Hinata's eyes fluttered open, she looked around quickly, not recognizing her surroundings. She was in a bed, how'd she get there? The last thing she remembered was falling asleep around the kitchen table while waiting for Naruto.

She looked under the covers and was relieved to see that her clothes hadn't been changed. Blinking twice, she took in her surrounding.

There wasn't anything unusual about the room, it was like any other bedroom. A closet, a dresser and chest of drawers, four poster bed and an odd poster of Ramen on the wall. Hinata smiled as she looked at it, he really does love Ramen.

The door opened just then and a half naked Naruto walked in. Hinata blushed crimson as she realized that he was only wearing a towel, wrapped tightly around his lean hips. Oh Kami.

He ruffled his wet hair and walked towards his closet, oblivious of her fully awake state. Getting a full view of his back, she noted his broad shoulders that extended to strong, muscular arms. And she watched with interest as those muscles flexed with his every movement.

Hinata looked like a tomato, as she tried to suppress a girlish squeal. If I'm acting like this when he's in a towel imagine when we'll have to...Oh kami, please forgive me for such obscene thoughts! She mentally prayed. She couldn't take it anymore, she had to make her presence known.

Hinata cleared her throat and sat up in bed, her face flushed and her breathing unsteady.

Naruto jumped at the sound and turned to face her. "O-oh Hinata, you're awake," he stuttered blushing. She nodded and averted her eyes from his tan skin.

Naruto just stared at her, she looked different somehow. The rays of sunshine that seeped inside gave her blush stained face a light glow. Her hair was tussled slightly from a good night's sleep he'd supposed. And her lavender eyes glanced at everything in the room, in attempt to not look at him.

A small smile touch his lips as he took in the sight of her. And the only word that popped into his head was beautiful. And even then, that word did her much injustice. For no words could describe how captivating she looked in that very moment.

"Uh...N-Naruto-kun, you-"

"Oh! Gomen," he said. Quickly grabbing the rest of his clothes he exited. Hinata giggled a bit and threw herself back on the pillows. They were soft and reeked of Naruto's masculine scent. She could lay there in the aroma forever.

But she had a lot to do, like unpack and talk to her husband. She hadn't been to school on Friday because she was packing and moving her stuff to Naruto's. With the help of her Neji-nii-san of course. She had made her decision.

She was ready to live with Naruto.

*

Sasuke slowly opened his eyes only to close them immediately after. The sun had risen and it's rays were aimed directly at his face.

He made a move to get up, but was unable to. Furrowing his eyebrows, he looked down at the arms that were wrapped tightly around his neck. So it wasn't a dream, he thought as he turned his head, only to find himself staring into another face.

For a moment he just stared at her, or move over, at her slightly parted lips. Her breathing was steady as her breath feathered his cheek.

Sasuke lifted a hand hesitantly and brought it towards her face slowly. She stirred and he pulled back a bit, unsure of his actions. What am I doing? He asked himself lowering his hand. But then she looked so peaceful, he just had to.

His fingers skimmed her cheek at first, but then...slowly, he started stroking her cheek gently. Her skin was soft and smooth, he liked the feel of it under the pad of his fingers.

Sakura gravitated to the warmth almost instantly and stirred a bit more. But this time he didn't shift back, instead he traced the outline of her lips.

They were pink and full, Sasuke inhaled deeply as the urge to kiss her overtook him. Just a taste. That's all he needed to be satisfied, but as Sakura turned her head and her lips were pressed against the palm of his hand, he knew that one kiss would never...be enough.

There was a knock on the door just then that jerked him back to reality. He quickly released himself from Sakura's hold as he scrambled out of bed.

"Anyone up?" Itachi asked.

"Yeah," Sasuke said.

"You guys decent? Or do I have to wait until you two get dressed?"

Sasuke turned pink at this, "oh just go away," he muttered.

Itachi chuckled and left. Sasuke rolled his eyes and turned to go into the bathroom. But a soft voice stopped him dead in his tracks. "Good morning."

The Uchiha turned and froze, the sight before him was just...breathtaking. Sakura was now awake and sitting up in bed. Her pink hair was in wild disarray, framing her small face. Her cheeks pink, hands pressed against them. Rose was a good colour on her and so unusual.

And yet, the smile on her lips was not one of embarrassment. It was one of happiness. Happiness. His heart clenched and he turned away. Continuing to the bathroom, he left without replying.

Realization haunted him like a ghost. He stripped off his T-shirt and pajama bottoms and got into the bathtub. The warm spray of water that ran over his frame seeped into his pours and relaxed his rigid state.

He needed to get a grip on himself, for if anyone was to find out that last night was the best he'd slept in years, what would happen then?