Chapter 26: Arrival

One Year Later

I remember that day. I remember being sucked into that game. But I don't remember exactly what happened after that.

I remember goodbyes and farewells, and waking up on my couch. But after that, everything's a blur. A blur of tears, confusion, anguish, and pain. All that heartbreak...

I remembered everything he told me to remember. Dancing in Castle Town Square, waking him up for breakfast, when I left for the Water Crystal, and the day he found me. Never did it leave my mind. Sometimes, if I think really hard, I can still feel his lips on mine.

But, I had to get over it. Like everything else, it came to an end. And like everything else, I had to move on. Even today, I still ask myself, was that a dream? A hallucination?

But then I always remember the necklace. I still have it, Link and I. It's my most precious possession, aside from my rose quartz bracelet. I told my parents I lost it, and they felt pretty sad about it. I did too, of course, but I still wasn't sure where it went.

On Link's wrist, or under the couch? I never did find it.

Many things have happened since that day. It's been a year, after all, so you'd expect something to happen. I've always been the youngest in my class, so even though I was 17, I graduated three months later.

I moved out, and am now on my own. I'm getting job interviews for accounting positions in financial companies, and requests. My math marks were always high, so I abandoned my drawings and possibility of being a graphic novelist. I get headaches too easy.

Most of you are probably wondering about that weird disc I found, that had a "severe defect". Severe, my ass. That thing warped me to another realm. Anyways, I never found the disc. It disappeared from my Wii console, and I never found it. Another question people would want to ask, is whether or not I played any more Legend of Zelda games.

Truth be told, I didn't. I haven't played Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, or any others again. But at the same time, I won't sell them or give them away. I can't get rid of them.

Sometimes, I'll even hope that I wake up under a wool blanket, with the smell of dew in my nostrils, and open my eyes to Midna chasing bugs, Fi informing me of everything happening, and Link's smile as he kisses me good morning.

"I'm sorry, but I can't accept the position you're offering me. I've already accepted another request, but I'll gladly contact you if I change my mind," I say into the phone with as much forced happiness as I could.

Oh yeah, my parents wanted to bring me to a therapist. I obviously couldn't tell them what happened, so I just stayed silent about it. But at the same time, I was more silent that I meant to be. After the incident, I've hardly smiled, rarely laughed, and God forbid that I've ever actually been happy.

Sometimes, I forget the feeling of happiness. The happiest I get is whenever I reminisce about Link's kisses, Midna's jokes, Fi's stupid facts, and Zelda's warm smiles.

My friends always tried to push me out of my limits, and I did it just to make them happy. I force my smiles, and fake my laughs, but I do it for my friends. They at least think I've improved. They've stopped pushing me to go to a shrink.

Every now and then, my friends introduce me to a guy that they think clicks with me. We've had similar interests and gone on dates, but I've sadly never had feelings for them. A select few of them even admitted to having feelings for me, and I had to tell them the truth.

I know what you're thinking. I'm a horrible person, through and through. And I agree with you.

I've been doing many different jobs for a fairly good income. For my weekend job, I mow lawns in the spring and summer, shovel snow off driveways in winter, and rake leaves off the grass during autumn. People pay me quite a bit for that. In my free time, I draw scenery, people, cartoon characters, celebrities and put then on eBay. They usually sell in about twenty minutes.

Triforce of Essence | Legend of Zelda Fan FictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara