Chapter 1

We're finally moving to Houston, after a lot of begging my parents agreed to move there.

I quickly packed my bag and checked the time.

Sirf ek ghanta aur koi milnay takk nahi aya.

I sighed and sprinted to my parent's room, they were already ready, I grinned as I saw my mother sitting on the bed, tired from all the packing.

Hum ko bhi end time pe packing start karni thi.

"Chalo, gari agai hai." My dad spoke up when he entered the room. I nodded and went to my room to get my stuff.

I looked at my room one last time. I looked at the poster of Siddhart Malothra, the love of my life.

I wanted to take it with me but I have already stuffed so much in all my bags.

"Koi baat ni, wahan ja ker le lain ge" I thought to myself and turned around ready to leave.

Mom and Dad were already standing outside with their luggage, I raised my eyebrows, "Bari hi fast service dikhai ap logon ne tou." I joked making them laugh.

We sat in the car, in no time we were standing at the airport. Ready to departure the women announced to get in the plane that is for Houston.

We showed them all the papers and they checked our bags, my legs were starting to hurt because of standing at a single place for an hours, and let me tell you. We stopped like this 3 to 4 time that means, 3 to 4 hours of standing. Too much for a girl like me!

Finally we were seated on the plane, I quickly took the seat near the window, put my headphones on and made myself comfortable.

This is going to be a long ride.

*After getting out of the plane.*

Don't even ask me how I spent 17 hours and 30 minutes in a plane, there was no good movie and I felt like I would die of boredom any minute.

I tried to start a conversation with mom or dad but they were sleeping, they literally slept for nearly 10 hours. Leaving 7 for eating and instructing me how to behave when we go there. The rest of the few hours I spent by listening to music but my phone died, I don't even remember how many times I curesed that poor thing!

I tied my hair in a loose ponytail and picked up my bag looking around for my Khala, but in vain.

"Pata tha mujhe! pata tha nahi aengi voh." I groaned complaining my mom, "Khara rehna parega ab yahan poori zindagi." I exaggerated a bit and sat down on a chair.

"Voh rahi!" My mom said all excited to see her behan after so long. I looked up to find her standing there with her smallest daughter Samra, who was waving rapidly at me.

I smiled and stood up, walking over to them I hugged my Khala and Samra.

They lead us to their car, hiring another one for our luggage.

"Aur batao, kesi hai meri beti?" My Khala spoke up while looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"Abhi tou buhat thaki vi hoon, warna achi hi hoti hoon aksar." I said making her chuckle.

"Bilkul nahi badli tum, waisi ki waisi jhalli ho." She shook her head and continued to drive.

My mom and aunt kept on talking, about their lives and of course their relatives.

"Zarish Baji? ghar pe sab apka inteezar kar rahay hain." She spoke in her pyaari patli si awaz.

"Sab?" I asked,

Ab yeh sab kon hain?

"Aray meri behnain." She cutely face palmed and chuckled, making me laugh at her cuteness.

"Can't wait to meet them." I said as I remembered how we used to play together when they lived in Pakistan.

Kia the voh din, ab dekho, khelo gi bhi tou sab samjhainge mental hai. Bachpan hi acha hota hai bas.

We finally after an hour or two, or maybe more than that reached her house.

I got out of the car and stretched a bit.

I walked to the door and was about to knock on it when it suddenly opened.

There stood Rabia, Hooria and Maria all dressed up, I smiled widely at them and they returned it by hugging the life out of me, making to hard to breathe.

"I-Breathe-Die-Leav-" I tried to speak, thank god it worked and they stood straight greeting my parents.

"So..." I said, when they turned to me, I suck at starting conversations with someone.

"Come on, I'll show you around." Rabia api said, although she's not much older than me but she wants me to call her 'api'. Weird, I know.

I nodded, "Keep your bags here, Maria will move your luggage to your room." She spoke up, I feel like I'm at a hotel.

Itni tameez? Pakistan main tou kisi ko nahi thi.

Maria snorted, clearly annoyed to do this work making me laugh lightly.

I did as she said and followed her.

---