𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝔂-𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

At exactly midnight, Arty and I take the long walk down to the library. We're both wearing one of his gray t-shirts. Mine comes down like a dress while his is paired with gray sweatpants.

We're rushing down towards the library holding hands. The stairs are obviously a bother to me, but with his hand they're far less unbearable.

We make our way down the dark hallway to the library. I don't exactly know what books we're supposed to be finding, so I'm letting him take the lead.

He leads us through the first level of the library, and we land right next to a weird gray and white section. He pulls out two books, and shows them to me.

History of the 2000's

The Hunger Games

I have no clue what these two books have to do with anything we're being accused of, but I trust him enough to make the judgment. 

I give him a thumbs up and he smiles at me, "I know that this is preposterous to you, but I am pretty sure that these will help us a lot. We are just going to place them with Walter's belongings, and it will be enough."

I nod at him and smile, "It's okay, I trust you."

He blinks a few times before returning the smile, "Come on, let us get you back before someone comes in here again."

I gasp. I totally forgot about what happened last time. Even if we don't die, Arty could get hurt again.

My eyes widen, "Arty what the- Why would we come here this late after last time? You're gonna get hurt again."

He looks around but sighs, "No one is going to get hurt."

I tug at his hand and pull him towards the exit, "Well, if we get caught, you're gonna tell him that it was both of us this time."

He stops right in front of the door and clenches his eyebrows, "There is no way that I would ever do that. Any punishment that would occur would be fine for me."

I roll my eyes and tug him further towards the door, "Okay okay, we can argue about that. Later we really need to go-"

"Who's in here?" A deep voice growls from upstairs.

"It seems like the punks from last time have returned," a lighter voice also growls from upstairs.

They're two of them.

I gasp as hard thumps start coming from the stairs. Arty and I take one glance at each other, and rush out of the library.

We make our way down the hallway as the deep voice screams, "Betty! Block the stairs."

Block the stairs? I take a few deep breaths. How are we supposed to get upstairs?

Oh no. 

Oh no no no no no no.

I shouldn't have let him talk us into doing this again.

"Arty," I whisper yell, "They're gonna block the stairs!"

The footsteps that were rushing down the stairs become more and more clear. 

They're gonna catch us.

He takes one glance at me and deepens his concentration to the hallway, "I know a place where we can go."

He takes the left down where the course classrooms are, dragging my hand the entire way. His shirt jumps up on me, and my other hand rushes to push it down especially in the back. 

He takes us to the end of the hallway, and we're met with another passage of hallways.

How did I not notice that there was another hallway here? I need to be more observant.