𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

"Alright class. As you should be aware, today is our test day. Now, we only have three questions this time, but these three questions are worth a lot. So exceed my expectations," Mister Roger snarls as he slams the papers down on each of our desks.

When he reaches my desk, he slaps the paper down with a little more urgency leaving my skin tingling.

What was that for?

He reaches the front of the classroom and scowls, "You have ten minutes. Good luck." He growls and goes to sit down at his desk.

Well he's sure in a good mood today.

I shake my head and clench the pencil in my hands. This shouldn't be too difficult, it's only three questions. It's also about specific things, so the material shouldn't be hard to remember.

But how can I actually get a perfect score in this class? 

I pause. Maybe I should restate the question every time I answer. Maybe that's what he's looking for.

Question One: How many heirs do each of the monarchs have?

This is simple. The monarchs of Alumbridge have three heirs. The monarchs of Arangeburge and Antonia have two heirs, and the monarchs of Altoona have four heirs. 

I write exactly that on the line and move on.

Question Two: Who are the friends of our monarchs?

That's easy, the friends of our current monarchs are the monarchs of Altoona, which are William and Amelia Reid. 

I write that down and move on. Okay, last question and we're done.

Question Three: Which monarchs do we know little about?

Easy again. The monarchs we know little about are Enam and Aisha Adom, or the monarchs of Antonia.

I write that down on the paper, and shove the paper to the corner of my desk. 

That was a little too easy for my liking, but to be fair, every test in this class is easy. It's just memorizing facts.

I space out from the time the test ends, and when the test paper is slammed back down on my desk again with weird urgency. 

Maybe he finally found out about the library thing. 

Oh well.

I take the paper into my hands, and a small smile creeps up onto my face.

5. I'm thoroughly surprised with your performance. 

                                                            ******

Mistress Harriet is in the front of the classroom with her baby pink dress, a shade darker than mine, with her arms crossed. Her smile couldn't be more than fake while she's standing in front of whatever nonsense she's written on the chalkboard. Probably another dance to learn.

Since I've learned a very basic type of dance, I'm pretty sure I'm at the level where I can learn more without much struggle. Especially because my real dance teacher next to me in his usual black suit is amazing at explaining these things.

I need to find some way to help him. He can't be just helping me, and I do nothing in return.

I shake my head and turn my attention back to Mistress Harriet, "Today we are starting our week long unit on another form of dancing. This is called the Foxtrot. This dance is done in phases of eight. The first four counts are slow, while the second four are faster. As usual, the directions are on the board. Good luck!" She exclaims as she walks back over to her desk.