𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

My bed shakes as a booming voice enters my eardrums, "Get up!"

Get up? It's still very early in the morning.

"Get up I said!" The person, male, is yelling now in a groggy voice.

I sit up slowly, and Walter's light blonde hair comes into view. He's wearing a green shirt, and black pajama bottoms. 

I yawn and run a hand over my face. It has to be no more than two in the morning. What could he possibly want at this hour?

He jumps up to my bed despite being the shortest and skinniest male out of the three here. He's even shorter than me, and he made it up here with no problem. I can't help but envy him for it.

He sits down at the opposite end of the bed from me. I pull my legs up a little to give him some more space. His eyes are wide open and completely bloodshot. His hair is sticking up in multiple places on his head. His face, pink, most likely from agitation.

He looks absolutely insane.

"Why did you ask that question in the circle earlier?" He spits out right after sitting down.

What? He waited until it was nighttime to ask that question? Why couldn't he ask earlier? It's way too early to be concerned with things like this.

I yawn and shrug at him, but he frowns.

"You do know what your life is destined to be right? You don't have to wonder about who you're gonna be when you grow up. You're a female, the kitchen is your place.

If you want the kitchen up in flames, sure.

Was his point in waking me up to tell me that I'm destined for nothing in life? I already know that. I don't understand why this was so important to bring up at this hour.

I nod. His fists clench onto my blanket and yank it off of my body. The chill of the air in the room makes my skin prickle under my purple nightgown.

Now what was that for?

He throws the blanket on the floor, and looks at me with his now burnt red face. His mouth is wide open as his deranged eyes move up and down my face.

Well, he's a dramatic one for sure.

"This is why I hate people like you," he scoots closer to me, "I hate people who think they're above the law. You think you're above what has been set in stone for years."

I think I'm actually below that, but go on.

He scoots even closer to me and grabs my legs. I look at him with wide eyes as he takes my chin into his hand. He looks at my face with pure hatred in his eyes. I shiver and cringe under his touch. He spits at me, right in the middle of my nose.

I close my lips, careful not to get any of his cold spit inside of my mouth as it runs down my face. I puke a little in my mouth. 

That is absolutely disgusting.

"Should I demonstrate what would happen if you decide to defy the law?"

What? Is it ever really this serious to go this far? I don't even know what I want to do with my life. I just want my horses and peace. Whether I end up burning down a kitchen for a smelly man, ruling a kingdom, or ending up a servant in the castle, I have no idea.

This really isn't necessary.

He tugs at my chin, and pulls something out of his pocket.

Rope.

He had a rope in his pocket.

How are all of these people bringing these things in here?

He takes the rope, and wraps it around my neck. I let out a huff, and start moving under his touch. He simply tightens his grip on the rope, pulling my neck towards him.