𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

Hopefully, this group meeting turns out to be more productive than the previous one. It's looking a little more promising, the tension seems to have relaxed a bit. Sophie and Jessie are still sitting a comfortable distance away, but everyone else seems to be alright.

We all correlated in black clothes again, and we're all sitting cross-legged in our usual spots that we've apparently established. The group is just sitting here, some clenching their jaws, some just being quiet. 

I clear my throat, "Alright w-well, I think we should get started."

Sophie sits up, "Yes leader, what are we talking about today?"

Why does she keep calling me that? I'm no one's leader.

"And before you ask," Fanny interjects and points at me, "You're the leader of this protest."

I don't know how I feel about that.

I shake my head, "So, since w-we agreed on the economy, we need to discuss the t-two other issues before we can get to other s-stuff. So, maybe today we can try to discuss the s-social issues."

Fanny nods, "That's fair, we should save crime for next week after all of the exams."

I nod back and look down at the hands in my lap, "O-okay well, the first in that topic is the t-topic of, " this is gonna set them off. I already know it, "S-same sex relationships."

Jessie just laughs, "Of course we need to advocate for that. Everyone deserves love."

Walter turns his lips upwards, "What planet are you on lady?"

I shake my head, "D-don't even r-respond to that," I look between all of them, "We're not g-going to be f-fighting with each other about this. The rule w-was to be respectful," I pause, "T-therefore we will respectfully d-discuss our points."

Okay, that sounded very leader-like of me to say.

Maybe I am the leader here. 

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

The group pauses for a second before they, except Walter, nod at me. 

Walter just scoffs and laughs, "And who are you to tell me what to do?"

"T-t-the...."

"The leader of this whole thing dude," Ninny chimes in with a smile.

Walter rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, "So? Who's gonna stop me?"

"I will with no hesitation. Her protest, her rules," Arty grumbles from beside me.

The worst part is, I actually believe him.

Walter just shakes his head, "Alright, personally I believe the concept is wrong."

Fanny just furrows her eyebrows, "So? What people do with their private areas is their business not yours."

I nod, "I agree with you."

Walter looks at me in disbelief, "You- you're cool with that?"

I shrug, "It's not up to me to be cool with w-what someone does with their life."

The whole purpose of this entire protest is to demonstrate that choice is the most important thing. Fairness and choice, something absent in this country.

Sophie just shakes her head, "Jessie, you can't do this. What if someone finds out? I know I'm mean, but I don't want you to... leave."

Jessie looks at her with a weird gleam in her eyes and just shakes her head, "I'll be fine Sophie, trust me."