𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓢𝓲𝔁

"All students of Alumbridge Academy are called for an assembly. Please report to the front of the school within five minutes," a loud voice screams over the loudspeaker.

Are they serious? It's only like seven in the morning.

I yawn, and sit up in bed. I scratch the back of my head, and look at everyone else in the room moving at a rapid speed to get ready for this assembly.

What even could this be about? It's not like anything major happened. It's only been almost a month here, stuff couldn't be happening that fast.

I groan and get out of bed. I grab a green dress out of the dresser, and go into the bathroom to change. I change my dress, and comb my hair down well enough to make it look presentable.

I'm about to leave the bathroom when Sophie comes up to me. She's dressed in a purple dress with her hair falling in waves along her shoulders. She has one hand laying on the sink.

"Where were you and Arthur last night?" She whispers.

So she knew we were sneaking around last night? I mean, it's not like we did anything illegal. She probably heard him heavily breathing last night.

I'll have to let him know about that later.

"Uh," My face heats up, "We just went to see what the noise outside was." The lie comes off my tongue easier than it should've.

She looks at me for a second, and nods before walking away.

Phew, that was a close one.

I finish in the bathroom, and walk down to the assembly room that we were in nearly a month ago. It's crazy to think that I've been in this academy for a month already.

It's strange.

As the room fills up, my body quickly reminds me that I'm in a room with a ton of people making my chest heave up and down. My shaky hands clench the sides of my dress while my throat tightens.

The surplus of people isn't surprising anymore, however, it's still unpleasant.

Minutes after the last few people enter, Mister Roger steps up to the podium in a black suit and tie. His eyes are narrowed and his nostrils are flared.

This has to be about the library then.

Well, I guess we must've really pushed his buttons last night.

"Good morning students," he clears his voice, "This assembly may come as a shock to most of you, however, it is fundamentally important that this meeting takes place," He pauses and takes another deep breath. His hands shake a little, "Last night around 3:00 hours, someone intruded in on the library. Now the library has a set schedule between 6:00 hours and 18:00 hours. Throughout any of those hours, the library is open to all students and staff. However, any other time of the day the library is closed. They're numerous signs on the walls of the library that make this point clear. Therefore, there is no reason why any of you should be in that library outside of that timeframe. And there is absolutely no reason why I should have to chase two of you punks out of there."

Arthur and I being described as punks? That doesn't sound right. It's just a library, it's not like we committed a heinous crime.

"The next time something like this happens, I will have no issue personally kicking you out of this academy myself. How do any of you expect to become a part of the monarchy if you can't follow simple rules? I hope I have made myself clear. My classes will be canceled for today and Monday due to the fact that I need to be checked out by a medical examiner. Use your free period wisely. You're all dismissed."