𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

"Today, we have a few announcements as well as our final test until finals," Roger snarls as he rubs his chalk-stained fingers on his black dress pants while holding a stack of papers in the crook of his arm.

A few announcements? I wonder what those could be.

I push my green dress down a little bit further on my legs, and prop my arm against my head.

He clears his throat and continues, "As you are aware, finals are coming. The history final will be on Monday, June eleventh. There's plenty of time for you to prepare with your notes. The final will cover at least two questions from each of the units we've covered so far."

Okay so only ten questions. That's honestly better than what I was expecting. I thought he'd give us like a fifty question final that would take us hours to complete.

"As you are also aware," he continues while fooling around the edge of his black tie, "Graduation is coming up soon. It's open to the public, so invite your families. Or don't, I don't really care. Today, we'll have one final test which is only one written question long. I will have these scored, and back to you shortly."

We're all well aware of how you don't care about anything. Especially not all the people who are living on the streets because of people like you.

I clench down on my pencil as the piece of paper slaps down on my arm again. This time, I don't wince. I don't even react. I just drag the paper in front of me, and write my name on the top.

The one and only question is simply: How did you feel about what was taught here in history?

It was dishonest and pointless considering you've hidden half of the textbook from us. 

I don't write that, and I instead write about how informative I thought this course was. I go on and on for a paragraph all about how much I've learned since entering this course that I wouldn't have learned elsewhere.

If Roger can lie to himself about doing good things to make himself feel better, then I can lie to him about this terrible course to get a better score.

                                                               *****

Mistress Harriet flashes a sly smile at all of us while rubbing down on her purple dress, "Good morning everyone! Today, we're going to start preparing for our finals! Now, the dance final will be Monday, June 18th. It's going to be a dance between you and your dance partner to be judged by me and Mistress Betty."

I steal a glance at my dance partner who's currently holding my hand and I smile. That should be no problem considering we've been doing good with our practicing. Besides, as long as he's helping me and leading, everything will be okay.

She looks around at each of us before crossing her arms, "Now, the only criteria for the dance final is to combine at least three of the techniques that you've learned thus far. I'm also looking for chemistry and rhythm between each pair."

She pauses and looks towards the open door. Some thin woman with blonde hair pushes a cart full of extravagant gowns of each color. The blonde lady nods towards her, and exits the room.

Mistress Harriet takes the piece of board from the top of the cart, and holds a pen in her hand, "Each of you ladies can come up here, and choose your ball gown for the event. The gentlemen can just wear their black and white suits. I need you to pick it now so I can get it tailored for your body type."

I smile. A full ball gown? For just one final? And they're gonna tailor it? That's far too generous even for people like them.

That doesn't mean I like them, I'm just gonna take advantage of the privilege to wear an expensive ball gown that I'd never be able to afford ever again.