𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝔂-𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮

I've come to really dislike these group meetings. While I feel like the information that we're sharing and what we're coming up with is valuable, they're far too many disagreements and arguments to really get much done.

That's probably why this is our eighth group meeting, and we only just grazed what the true meaning of our protest is. And even when we get past a topic, someone finds some way to make continuing the meeting impossible. 

We would get much more done if we didn't have so many disagreements, and have to end the meetings short all the time.

We're sitting here in our usual spots with our usual black attire. Sophie and Jessie were already arguing leading to Arty and I needing to take at least two breathers already. 

We've landed on just holding each other's hands the entire time to avoid constantly needing to leave. For some odd reason, his hand enclosed in mine makes me shake less. However, it does come with the side effects of causing my stomach to churn and my chest from aching.

I still don't know why any of this is happening to me.

We've agreed on social issues, parts of crime, and economic issues, but no one can agree with how much power the monarchy should truly have.

"Alright alright," I announce while putting my other hand in my lap, "We can't be sitting here and arguing all the time," I pause, "Okay, can someone please explain, without being mean, why you feel the way you do regarding this issue."

They look between each other and Ninny is the one to speak first, "I think that you're right. No one should be under constant scrutiny, and have to live in fear of the big bad monarchy constantly on their tails."

I nod. Of course he actually has a brain about this issue.

Fanny straightens up and smiles at him, "I agree with you. I also think having several levels of government would help with both corruption, and make sure the country is secure."

I nod and look towards her, "More stuff would get done because more people would be actively working to solve problems."

Arty squeezes my hand as Walter rolls his eyes and scoffs, "But is the way that the government in this country really that bad?"

Sophie raises her eyebrows but nods at him, "Yeah, I understand that some of you might have a hard time, but I don't think that everyone else would agree with you on this."

Jessie looks at her and clenches her teeth, "You're someone who's had a hard time too, Sophie. Maybe you can be a little more understanding."

Fanny puts her hand in Jessie's and shakes her head, "You can't always fake everything."

Fake? I wouldn't say she's faking, I'd just say she doesn't wanna speak about what she's been through. Which is valid and no one should force her to.

Sophie narrows her eyes at her but shakes her head. Alice is the one to interject, "I agree that there's a lot wrong, but maybe we can give the monarchy another chance. If we can get them to fix their corrupted ways, maybe they should have a new chance at ruling."

A new chance? They could change their corrupted ways themselves. They just choose not to because they would lose that power that they so desperately want to have over other people.

They don't deserve a chance to change. They've had years to.

"Come on Catherine, don't raise your eyebrows now," Walter snickers, "You're the one who wants everyone to be reformed. Why not give the monarchy their second chance?"

I shake my head and bite my lip. Of course he wouldn't understand.

"Because," Arty grumbles, "They have had over five hundred years. Over seven different monarchs. If not one of them had thought to change their ways, then none of them ever will."