𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮

Mister Roger has been giving each of us death stares since we entered this classroom. Since we had no class on Monday, we're technically a few days behind whatever type of plan he had at the beginning of the class. I don't know how that's any of our fault.

Well, it's kind of my fault.

But he didn't have to take several days off for something as simple as exertion. Besides, it's not like Arthur and I asked him to chase us. He's the one who exerted himself.

I look at Mister Roger's hand. His hand is nowhere near as thick as the handprint that's still covering Arthur's face. His fingers are a lot more slender than on the print, but maybe the handprint was enlarged because he kept putting pressure on it.

He still had no rights to put his hands on anyone let alone Arthur who besides the blade incident, has done nothing to anyone here.

My right hand clenches down tightly on the pencil laying on my open notebook page. I stare back up at Roger in his black suit with a piece of chalk in his hands.

"Alright class, today we will begin chapter two. The reading material of chapter two is from pages sixty to seventy. You can read this chapter during your own spare time."

Maybe since last time I didn't get a perfect score, I should actually try to read the textbook this time.

He clears his throat and sighs, "This unit will basically cover the territories of our current world," he draws four circles on the chalkboard and starts labeling them, "In our current world, we have four territories. Each territory is ruled by a monarch that we will be learning about in our next unit."

I scribble down each word he's saying as well as the drawings that are on the board.

"The four countries are as follows: We have our country, Alumbridge, which is the second largest country in our current world. It's only second to the massive country on the eastern hemisphere called Arangeburge. This country is the largest, and home to massive advances in their society that we will never allow into ours for a good reason. The next largest country after us is Altoona, which is known for it's rich crops and blistering temperatures.  The last country is Antonia, which is smallest by comparison, but has a very strong military base. Of course, our military base is the most powerful thanks to our glorious King who invests several dollars into making sure our country is secure."

Our country looks like almost garbage, and the King is too worried about a military base? That doesn't make much sense.

I finish copying the notes, and stare back at him. He slowly makes his way back over to his desk. 

"Now for the rest of this class since we finished early, you may begin reading your textbook pages. Just beware, the test for this unit is next Friday," he sits down, and inhales something out of a pump.

Did we really mess up his breathing that bad? Also next Friday isn't too far away, but if this is all the material we need to know, I'm sure it won't be too difficult.

I shake my head and close my notebook. Since there's a good amount of time left in this class, I guess reading the textbook wouldn't hurt.

I open the textbook to page sixty, but stop when the obvious fact that we skipped yet another chapter in this book becomes clear.

                                                               ******

Jessie walks into public speaking with rushed footsteps as she slams her books down inside the podium. Her red dress, matching mine, is all crumbled up in multiple places, and her hair is sticking out in chunks of her ponytail.