𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓢𝓲𝔁

This speech thing has had me hyperventilating for the past week, that I haven't really been too concerned with anything else.

Even though the speech isn't due for another three weeks, it's been on my mind constantly. I can't seem to shake it.

So now, I'm sitting on my bed in a red nightgown with my hair a mess at two in the morning. I can't sleep. I can't even think of anything else.

This is ridiculous.

"Cathy?" Arthur grumbles from beneath me, "You still awake up there?"

Of course he's awake. Especially if I made any type of noise, which is possible because I probably had four of my "outbursts" up here in the past hour.

"Y-yeah," I mumble back.

It takes him a second to answer before he replies, "Alright, I will be up to assist."

The last time he "assisted" me with sleeping troubles we ended up being chased.

Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

He comes up to my bed a few seconds later with similar messed up hair, and a dark grey shirt. He's wearing the same black sweatpants as he did the last time this happened, and they cut off at his bare feet.

He smiles and runs a hand through his hair, "Let me guess, you are up here overthinking about something."

Am I really that predictable?

I just nod and sigh, "There's absolutely no way this public speaking assignment is g-gonna end well for m-me."

He looks down, "Cathy, it is not even due for another three weeks."

I run a sweaty hand down my sweaty face, "Yes I know that," my hand hangs on the back of my neck, "I-I don't know. I'm weird."

He shakes his head and laughs, "You are not weird. How about instead of worrying about things that are happening in nearly a month, let us find some enjoyment."

Is he talking about the library? He can't be serious.

I look at him and frown, "Why would we go to the library again?"

He smiles and tilts his head, "How did you figure that out? And why not?"

Is he being serious?

I shake my head, "Do you not remember the last time we were there?"

He's quiet for a second before shaking his head, "I do, however, I can assure you it will not happen tonight."

"And how do you know that?"

He shrugs and smiles again, "You have my word, Cathy, that nothing will happen this time."

I mean, what are the odds that Roger is out at this time specifically again? The odds of that happening are nearly impossible. But, I also don't want him to get hurt again.

But he said that I have his word that nothing would happen. The last few times he told me that he meant what he was saying. So could I possibly trust it?

I sigh, "Are you sure?"

He nods, "Yes darling, I'm sure."

If he's gonna be calling me that all the time now that we're friends, he needs a nickname as well. But what can I make it?

Hmm.

Art?

No, that's weird.

Arty.

Yes, his nickname will be Arty.

I roll my eyes, "Fine," he smiles, "Also, if you're gonna be calling me that all the time, you're getting a nickname too. Your new name is Arty."