𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝔀𝓸

The last two weeks have been purely nothing. All of the teachers have been gone leaving almost nothing to do. The time has just passed in a blur.

Today, however, is the second day of March meaning it's almost been two months of this academy nonsense. Obviously, I still don't belong here, but I don't hate it as much as I thought I would.

I mean, I've almost made like two friends already, so that's some type of progress? 

I haven't heard anything else from anyone from home. I don't know if they're just ignoring me, or it hasn't arrived at home yet. Either way, I hope I hear from there soon.

Since today is Sunday, I'm guessing courses are going to finally start again tomorrow. Hopefully, because it's honestly been getting boring with nothing really to do. I might've had a nightmare of two, but even those were too boring to recall.

I've come to figure out that the worst feeling other than being melancholic, or in pain, is the feeling of boredom. I would much rather be in pain or crying my eyes out than having nothing to do.

I yawn, and scratch the back of my head. I get up from bed, and ran a hand over my face. My pink nightgown is almost stuck up my butt. Maybe that says a little too much about how lazy I've been.

I need to get something to eat.

I walk over to the kitchen, and look through the refrigerator. There's no more peanut butter. I guess I've finished it all with my two sandwiches a day. I guess I'll have to make something else.

I look through, a tiny white container of eggs catches my eye. When's the last time I actually had eggs? We've never really been able to afford much dairy. 

But I'd have to cook eggs on the stove.

Well, it can't be that difficult right?

Whatever,  I'll never know if I don't try. I can't just keep myself from doing new things because of some sort of little child's fear. 

I take two eggs from the container, and grab a ceramic pan and plastic spatula from the cabinet above the stove. I crack both of the eggs on the pan, and put it on the stove.

I turn the black knob of the stove onto high, and let the eggs simmer in there. That wasn't that difficult. I don't know why I was so afraid to do this.

I let the eggs sizzle in the pan for a few minutes. The rich smell, almost similar to the taste of them, clouds the entire dormitory. Until, another scent enters my nostrils. The pale yellow yolk starts bubbling up with a weird scent.

What is happening?

I look around the stove finding nothing that could be the possible cause for the scent. 

Well, it can't be that bad then.

I use the spatula to move the eggs around in the pan. Each time, the pale yellow turns a little deeper. 

"You might want to turn the flame down." A soft, feminine voice comes from beside me.

I turn my head, and Alice is standing there buttering some part of her toast. 

Turn the flame down? Oh, she means turn it from high to low.

I do that quickly, and the smell almost immediately leaves the air.

Was I burning it? Whoops.

"T-thank you," I mutter towards her.

She nods and offers a tight-lipped smile, "I cook a lot so, it's just second nature at this point."

I nod, and grab a plate from the cabinet above. I empty the eggs into the plate, and turn off the stove. I grab a fork, and start eating.

"You didn't know how to cook by yourself?" Walter's high-pitched voice now suddenly next to me remarks.