𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓞𝓷𝓮

I can't believe it's already April. I seriously don't understand how it's already been almost three months of this nonsense.

It doesn't really feel like I've done a lot of stuff here. Yeah, I made two friends, and started this weird protest thing, but otherwise I don't think I made any real progress.

It's been so strange being away from home for so long. It's weird not hearing the footsteps of all of my siblings walking around, and how Father takes us out to the stables whenever he has spare time. It's strange not feeling Mother's utter rath, and hatred for me every second of the day. My cheek is almost bare without her constant slaps.

From what the letters say, Charles isn't handling living by himself really well. He's not making nearly enough riches to sustain himself, and he's close to becoming homeless because he's scared to ask Mother to move back in.

Charlotte has apparently been getting a little better throughout the time that I've been gone. From what she says, her and Caroline have started settling their differences a little bit. She taught Caroline all she knows about horse riding so I guess she can join us on our rides. Caroline has also been showing her about art, and they even sent me a few of their drawings. 

I carefully place the drawings from them under my pillow where I previously stashed the pictures Father sent me last time. 

I make sure to write and send letters to both of them updating on my progress here, leaving out the details of the protest, and make sure to ask Charlotte to ask Mother for Charles to move back in. Mother always would do what Charlotte would say anyway.

Hopefully she can help Charles, or else I'll just give him whatever riches I earn from this dumb Academy thing. I don't need the extra funds anyway.

                                                            ******

"I hope each of you are prepared to actually pay attention to our lesson on monarchs today," Mister Roger turns to Sophie, an icy blue glare over where we're sitting similar to the light blue color of his suit, "We have a test on April 16th. Be there or be square." He starts walking around the classroom with his hands clenched behind his back.

The same hands that carry so much blood, probably more blood than he has in his body. The same hands that steal all the riches from people in this country, including the riches from Father and Charles.

They take so much out of Charles' pay that he can't even afford his own place anymore.

I clench my hand down on the pencil in my hand. I stare down at my notebook, averting my gaze from Roger.

The more I look at him, the more I want to harm him.

I need to stop.

"Since we're all well versed on the monarchs of Alumbridge, let's speak of the monarchs from Arangeburge. I find this area to be very weak, including the monarchs. Chun Hong, the current monarch, is a sorry excuse for a man who has never raised a pistol in his life to his enemies. His wife, Queen Hua Hong, has way too much to say regarding the state of the country. They have two heirs, Feiya and Min. We have no information regarding them."

Of course he would say someone who doesn't murder anyone is a sorry excuse for a man. He's beyond ridiculous.

"Next," he clears his throat and stands still against the chalkboard, "The monarchs of Antonia. They're usually quiet, and we don't know much about them. The current monarch is Enam Adom, and his wife is Aisha Adom. They have two heirs, Khalid and Malika. Like I stated, we don't know much about them."

That's probably a good thing. 

"The last monarchs are the rulers of Altoona. We have a close relationship with this country, and they are personal friends to our King. The current monarch is William Reid, and his bride is Amelia Reid. They have four heirs, and are trying to add more heirs to their family. Their current heirs are Luca, Wayne, Willow, and Harper."