42

the break had started today and I was lying in my bed in Monaco checking destinations. I had promised myself that I would travel and discover a new country I had never been to and that I would not focus on f1.

in an hour and a half I was going to the hospital so they could check my values after the crash. I felt like everything was restored except the memories with Max. I had tried to focus on the pictures that were in my phone to get a glimpse of a memory but nothing came up.

i found a place that looked extremely beautiful and i looked further at the pictures and there were all kinds of activities to do so i booked straight away. flight was in two days so I had time to pack but I knew I would stop packing an hour before I had to go.

I checked my watch and saw that I needed to leave to make it to the hospital on time so I put on another shirt and went to put on my shoes. when I opened the door I was greeted by a bright sunlight that blinded me. I turned and grabbed my sunglasses that were on the shelf before going to my car and driving away.

i had parked outside the hospital and stood right outside the entrance and took three deep breaths before walking through the doors and into reception.

"excuse me, I'm here to do a check" I said to the woman behind the counter.

"what's your name"

"Belle Russell"

"okay, you can wait by the chairs there and a doctor will come to get you soon" she said with a smile.

after 10 minutes an elderly lady came and called out my name. I got up and followed her to a room and sat on the bed. she talked me through the blood pressure check and then she did a bunch of other tests that I didn't really understand.

"okay Belle the values look good but how is the memory?" she asked with a nervous smile.

"it's going well. i know the doctors in belgium said there was a high chance my memories would never come back but i'd say 70% is back"

"that's impressively good considering that people who have suffered similar head injuries have only recovered a fifth of their memory, barely. Is there anything in particular you're having trouble remembering?"

"some people seem to know who I am but I have no memories of them. I can remember something but then it goes black"

"there is a simple but complex explanation for that. your brain is working at full speed right now, every waking second trying to get all the memories back and then your brain is sorting out all the traumatic events which can be people, events, places. i'm guaranteed that the doctors in Belgium told you that"

I nodded to what she said and started to think if Max was really a traumatic event for me. she asked a few more questions and I explained as best I could before she said good to go. I said goodbye and opened the door to go back to the car.

as i walked through the lobby the woman at the front desk smiled at me and i gave her a warm smile back before i went out and unlocked the car. I drove past a grocery store and realized I needed to buy food to eat tonight. I decided to make homemade sushi so I went around to buy all the ingredients.

once home i put everything i had bought into the fridge and went to my bedroom to change into a tank top and shorts so i could spend the rest of the evening in my house. I put on music and turned on my mobile and put it on the shelf. when I saw that it was standing firmly, I jumped up on my sofa and did funny dances. when I was going to turn off the recording, I fell and fell straight on the coffee table. I laughed the pain away and reviewed the video before sending it to Lando.