22

TW

"okay Belle, 5 laps to go"

"copy"

I didn't hit the gas and I honestly thought I was going to take it south. I was second behind Max and I refused to come anything but first. I knew Max would be angry if he didn't come first but now I had my chance to shine.

"what's the gap"

"1.1 second" Lucas answered on the radio

I drove as fast as I could and every turn I drove the car responded perfectly and I knew I was faster than Max. in turn 10 Max had braked too late which gave me a perfect position to overtake him. I was afraid we would make contact as we got very close to each other but we managed to clear the curve without contact.

I was first with three laps to go and I didn't dare celebrate beforehand because Max was very skilled. I felt like every turn was perfect but I could see Max was behind me which made me nervous.

"last lap now Belle"

I couldn't focus on what Lucas had said but my focus right now was on not making a mistake. after turn 10 Max had gotten even closer and I was hoping he wouldn't get DRS.I saw the finish flag start to wave as I got closer and I crossed the finish line... first"Belle" Lucas began on the radio.

"please tell me i won"

"BELLE YOU WON"

"OMG, yes thanks everyone" I yelled into the radio

-----

i jumped out of the car and to be honest i was crying but luckily i still had my helmet on. I ran to Red Bull and jumped into their arms. Olivia and Lucas stood there like proud parents and I could tell Olivia had cried a little because her eyes were red and shiny.

"I'm so proud of you Belle" I heard to my left and saw that it was Christan standing there with a wide smile. I went over to him and gave him a hug. Max had come second and I could see how angry he was even with his helmet on. Lando had come third and I didn't know if I should go up to him and congratulate him but chose not to.

I took off my helmet and my balaclava. I saw that a reporter wanted to talk to me so I went over to her and saw that it was the nice girl I had talked to a few days before.

"Hey Belle, how does it feel. your first win in f1" she said with a big smile and I could tell she was genuinely happy for me.

"it feels unreal. this is something everyone dreams of when they start competing"

I answered all the questions with a smile on my face and shortly after I saw Max coming to answer questions so I went up to the "Max podcast" and waited for the ceremony to start. first Max came up and straight away I could see he was annoyed but there was something in his eyes that revealed it wasn't because he came second, it was something else.