34

i was in my hotel room getting ready to celebrate my win. all my clothes were on the bed and all my makeup was scattered in the bathroom. Max had told me to dress up but not too much because we didn't want people to notice us.

I decided to put on a white hoodie and a pair of light blue flared jeans. since my outfit was nothing special, I focused on the make-up and hair. I felt stressed that Max was going to pick me up soon so I couldn't find the makeup I was supposed to use even though it was right in front of me.

once I was done I checked myself in the mirror and gave myself a nod as if to approve of how it all turned out. I started to put on my outer clothes so that Max wouldn't have to wait for me and it's like he has a camera in my room because just when I was done he knocked on the door.

"are you ready" asked Max who had a big smile on his face.

"yes, but how did you manage to make everything believable"

"I haven't but your brother and Lando seem to be quick to believe things you say"

he was right in what he said and I wasn't going to say anything more about it. because now the Lando and Mercedes guys knew that if there were pictures of the two of us together, we could just say that Christian was in the bathroom or somewhere else.

Max looked good today. he always does but it's nice not to see him in the Red Bull shirt. he was wearing dark blue jeans and a black sweater. we took the elevator down to the lobby and, as usual when he and I would spend time together, took the back way to the parking lot.

once at the car I asked if I could drive but as expected he started protesting, sharing because he didn't dare and because I didn't know where we were going. however, I managed to argue that I could drive home again and I saw that as a win.

he told me to put on music and i asked what he wanted to listen to but he didn't care as long as i was happy. I put on soft music and quickly fell into deep thought, should I tell him that his father had threatened me earlier today?

I didn't have time to decide what to do when Max needed cross riveting. I looked up and saw that the car in front had also braked. Max started swearing in Dutch and since I didn't understand what he was saying I focused on the car in front to try to figure out what had happened and it showed that someone had cycled out right in front of the car in front of us.

luckily no one was hurt and we were able to move on after a while. we sat in silence for the rest of the drive and it felt like we could hear a pin drop to the ground. Max turned in and I saw that it was a restaurant he was going to take me to.

When he had parked the car, he was quickly out of the car. I opened my door and when I was halfway out, Max pushed me back in and closed the door. I was surprised but when he opened the door for me and took my hand to help me out, I understood that he wanted to be a gentleman. I laughed at him but let him help me out.

we entered the restaurant and immediately a waitress appeared and led us to a table. Max was once again a gentleman and pulled the chair out for me before sitting down himself. Once Max sat down the waitress gave us each a menu and it was clear she was trying to get Max's attention and I was genuinely surprised when Max ignored her.

As if | Max VerstappenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara