15

MAX POV

I had helped Belle into the car and I had just started the car when Belle started talking.

"Max"

"have we started using first names now?" I joked

"no fun, but can I ask one thing"

it was interesting what a drunk Belle had to say and I knew she probably wouldn't remember this conversation so to me it didn't matter what I answered her question.

"absolutely"

"why don't you like me and I don't want a straight answer"

"because I have a hard time with the mercedes guys and knowing that you are the sister of one of them and close friends with the other makes me want to puke straight out"

"but you're judging me by my brother, why can't you try to get to know me for who I am" her answer became more and more difficult to understand and I realized that all the alcohol was kicking in just now.

"is there anything else you want an answer to, otherwise I appreciate if we are quiet for the rest of the drive" I replied and she was quiet for a while which made me blow out a breath. but after 5 minutes she started talking again.

"I have one more question"

"what is it now that you want an answer to"

"why do you get so irritated as soon as you see me especially with someone else"

"I'm not jealous if you think so"

"I never said you were, you said it yourself"

I was embarrassed and turned my head away from the window so she wouldn't see. lately I had actually become a little jealous that she was getting a lot of attention from other guys even though she couldn't see it herself.

I don't know why I did because I knew I didn't like her but there was something about her that stood out. she was the only girl that wasn't into me. everyone wanted to be with me because I was famous and if you are famous you have money, if you have money you are interesting.

Belle dared to contradict me and she stood up for herself. i thought she was interesting but every time i tried to get to know her i found myself it's george's brother. it annoyed me that Mick liked her, Danny thought she was beautiful and that the idiot Jacob now had his claws in her.

I didn't even realize I had gone silent but caught myself when Belle started talking again,

"if you hadn't been so rude all the time I would have liked you" she murmured before closing her eyes and leaning against the door.

the rest of the drive was quiet and I looked in her direction and I saw how she had fallen asleep and I had been so deep in thought about everything that I forgot the first exit home. but after a lot of fuss I parked the car at the hotel and tried to wake her up. but when she didn't wake up I decided to carry her up.

i knew she didn't want to be seen with me so i went the back way and the lobby was empty so i hurried into the elevator hoping no one would get in. but of course I didn't have it and I saw the doors open and Lando steps in.

"what are you wearing Belle for" Lando asked clearly irritated.

"she drank too much and then fell asleep in the car so I carry her up to her room"