19

BELLE POV

Today was media day and I woke up to the smell of coffee. Jacob wasn't lying next to me in bed so I put on my bathrobe and went to the kitchen and was greeted by Jacob's bare back and he was wearing a pair of gray sweatpants. he made us coffee and when he heard me he turned and welcomed me with a warm smile.

he held out a large cup of steaming coffee and I burned myself slightly as I accepted the cup. I put it down and then Jacob put a plate with a toast and salad. lately my eating disorder had gotten worse. i pretty much only ate salad because that's what jacob said would keep me in shape and it went down pretty easy but when it was anything else it was a battle in my head and often ended up running to the bathroom when no one noticed.

we sat and ate our breakfast in peace and talked about the day's activities and Jacob wanted us to hold hands as we walked through the cameras so people could see we were a couple but when I tried to argue that it wasn't a good idea because I knew what people would write about me. i knew people would think i got my spot because i was with someone on the team.

Jacob understood my concern but was visibly upset by my arguments but he agreed as long as I spent my time with him when I could which was fine with me. eating the salad and leaving the toast untouched I went to the bedroom and put on black jeans and a Red Bull shirt and put my hair in a high bun so it couldn't get in the way during the day.

-----

we arrived at the circuit and I took out my passport and Jacob was close behind me. we didn't hold hands but I knew people would notice there was something between us. Olivia had informed me that first there were several interviews I would be doing, then there was a press conference with George, Lando and Charles. lastly we would make some videos for Red Bull's social media.

I said goodbye to Jacob with a hug and hurried to my driver's room to wait for Olivia so she could warn me about what questions might come up on my interviews. Olivia knocked for the first time this season and I happily called her in.

"oh you're in a good mood today" Olivia laughed when she saw that I was in a good mood.

"yes, I'm busy for the weekend"

"Okay, we can talk about that later. What I have understood is that they will probably ask you about your relationship with Max, then there will be questions about your strategy for the race. If you are unsure about any question, I am always by your side and if they're rude, you can report the issue but don't leave until they're done"

"okay when does the first interview start, I was thinking if I have time to find Lando"

"first interview is in 7 minutes and when it's done you'll go straight to the next one so hurry up"

I thanked Olivia and texted Lando as I headed towards McLaren.

Belle: